Topics

Build 151

What's new:
- Reading back your text with a 3-finger press can now also be done with 2-fingers. This should allow Accessibility Zoom users to utilize this feature, which previously conflicted with the zoom gestures.
- Words will now also be spelled after moving the cursor.
- Added voice feedback when VoiceOver is disabled.
- Add setting to toggle "Voice Feedback", enabled by default.
- Fixed dictionary capitalization issue for automatically added words. Thanks David!
- Gesture bugfixes.

Previously:
- You can now use your existing iOS text replacement shortcuts with FlickType. Configure text replacements from iOS Settings, General, Keyboard, Text Replacement. If you tap-type the shortcut, it will automatically be expanded into its phrase. If you type it accurately by touch-typing each letter, you'll need to flick down to expand it. Replacement shortcuts can only contain letters, but expanded phrases can be anything, including numbers, symbols, spaces, and even emoji. Be creative, smile! Please note: the replacements don't work inside the container app due to iOS limitations.

George Cham

Hi costa, build 151 is not available in TestFlight.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:20:42 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 151

What's new:
- Reading back your text with a 3-finger press can now also be done with 2-fingers. This should allow Accessibility Zoom users to utilize this feature, which previously conflicted with the zoom gestures.
- Fixed dictionary capitalization issue for automatically added words. Thanks David!
- Gesture bugfixes.

Previously:
- You can now use your existing iOS text replacement shortcuts with FlickType. Configure text replacements from iOS Settings, General, Keyboard, Text Replacement. If you tap-type the shortcut, it will automatically be expanded into its phrase. If you type it accurately by touch-typing each letter, you'll need to flick down to expand it. Replacement shortcuts can only contain letters, but expanded phrases can be anything, including numbers, symbols, spaces, and even emoji. Be creative, smile! Please note: the replacements don't work inside the container app due to iOS limitations.

Benny Barber

Kosta, thanks for adding the spell back by word, but I would like to be able to disable the spell back when typing and only have spell back when advancing by word. Thanks.
Benny

On Aug 10, 2018, at 2:20 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

What's new:
- Gesture bugfixes.

Previously:

Macster

Hi Kosta,

Good job on the capitalisation of words automatically entered into the dictionary. I've tested this a few times and it works very well. The two finger gesture to read is great as well, though I don't have zoom enabled. I like each word being spelled out when reviewing text as well. And I could be wrong, but it just feels a little more crisp on this build which is nice.

Macky

On 10 Aug 2018, at 20:20, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

What's new:
- Gesture bugfixes.

Previously:

Benny Barber

Kosta,
To clarify my issue with the spellback feature. I like the spellback feature, but having spellback on when you flick right to space kind of interrupts my typing if I hesitate just a bit. I would like to have 2 options for spellback. the first option would be to have spellback on in all scenarios of spacing, advancing by word and flicking through alternative words. The second option would be to have spellback on in just advancing by word and flicking through alternative words; having spellback off while spacing. Just my opinion. Thanks.
Benny

What's new:
- Gesture bugfixes.

Previously:

Sharon Kim

I absolutely agree with Benny herre.
Another thing that might work, is to have a separate gesture, to make VO spell back the word. That being said, I don't really what was wrong with the previous method. Where spellback would work the way it does now, but you would be able to disable and enable it within the settings.

----- Original Message -----
Date sent: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 07:40:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 151

Kosta,
To clarify my issue with the spellback feature. I like the spellback feature, but having spellback on when you flick right to space kind of interrupts my typing if I hesitate just a bit. I would like to have 2 options for spellback. the first option would be to have spellback on in all scenarios of spacing, advancing by word and flicking through alternative words. The second option would be to have spellback on in just advancing by word and flicking through alternative words; having spellback off while spacing. Just my opinion. Thanks.
Benny

What's new:
- Gesture bugfixes.

Previously:

Ed Worrell

Hello

I agree as well. I would like to see a gesture to have the word spelled back to me. I usually type enough that the spelling doesn't get in the way. It can get annoying if you have to take a small pause to think before you type a word.

Thanks and great job with the last couple of builds.

Ed Worrell

On Aug 12, 2018, at 3:18 PM, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...> wrote:

Another thing that might work, is to have a separate gesture, to make VO spell back the word. That being said, I don't really what was wrong with the previous method. Where spellback would work the way it does now, but you would be able to disable and enable it within the settings.

Kosta,
Benny

What's new:
- Gesture bugfixes.

Previously:

Chanelle Allen

Hello,
I agree that a spellback gesture or setting to enable spelling for reading back or hearing word alternatives would be helpful. If I pause, sometimes hearing a spelling interrupts my train of thought, and sometimes, when flicking through word suggestions, hearing the spelling is good for clarification of certain letters. I do appreciate being able to hear spellings as I read by word. The new text replacement feature is also great--especially for emojis 👍 ☺️
Chanelle

On Aug 12, 2018, at 21:01, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello

I agree as well. I would like to see a gesture to have the word spelled back to me. I usually type enough that the spelling doesn't get in the way. It can get annoying if you have to take a small pause to think before you type a word.

Thanks and great job with the last couple of builds.

Ed Worrell
On Aug 12, 2018, at 3:18 PM, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...> wrote:

Kosta,
Benny

What's new:
- Gesture bugfixes.

Previously: