Topics

Build 150 message bug?

Chuck Dean

Hi kosta,
I tried typing a message to myself, and when I dismissed the FlickType keyboard I couldn't do anything, no send button or text was on the screen. I had to cancel the message and start over.

All works well if I switch keyboards instead.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. Does that happen every time? And if so, does it not happen with an earlier build?

On Aug 7, 2018, at 20:20, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi kosta,
I tried typing a message to myself, and when I dismissed the FlickType keyboard I couldn't do anything, no send button or text was on the screen. I had to cancel the message and start over.

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Hi kosta,
Yes, it happens every time.
This is the same thing that was happening with build 148, but I paid attention to what was happening this time.
Chuck

On Aug 7, 2018, at 8:24 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks Chuck. Does that happen every time? And if so, does it not happen with an earlier build?

On Aug 7, 2018, at 20:20, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi kosta,

Chuck

I see. So this only happens if you try to message yourself, but not if you message someone else?

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 8:27 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hi kosta,
 This is the same thing that was happening with build 148, but I paid attention to what was happening this time.
 Chuck

> On Aug 7, 2018, at 8:24 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Chuck. Does that happen every time? And if so, does it not happen with an earlier build?
>
>
>
>> On Aug 7, 2018, at 20:20, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hi kosta,
>> I tried typing a message to myself, and when I dismissed the FlickType keyboard I couldn't do anything, no send button or text was on the screen. I had to cancel the message and start over.
>>
>> All works well if I switch keyboards instead.
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>>
>
>
>

Chuck Dean

Weird, now I can't replicate the bug. 
 If it happens again I'll let you know, but I don't message much. 
 Chuck 

On Aug 7, 2018, at 8:38 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

I see. So this only happens if you try to message yourself, but not if you message someone else?

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 8:27 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hi kosta,
 Chuck

> On Aug 7, 2018, at 8:24 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Chuck. Does that happen every time? And if so, does it not happen with an earlier build?
>
>
>
>> On Aug 7, 2018, at 20:20, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hi kosta,
>> I tried typing a message to myself, and when I dismissed the FlickType keyboard I couldn't do anything, no send button or text was on the screen. I had to cancel the message and start over.
>>
>> All works well if I switch keyboards instead.
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>>
>
>
>

Chuck, we have a similar bug report in the beta channel when using iOS 12 and in combination with the reduced height workaround setting. Is any of that true in your case too?

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

No, 
 I am not using either. 
 Chuck 

On Aug 7, 2018, at 8:53 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Chuck, we have a similar bug report in the beta channel when using iOS 12 and in combination with the reduced height workaround setting. Is any of that true in your case too?

- Kosta

Rocco Fiorentino

I've had this same bug happen to me, with iOS 12 and the reduced height setting turned on, because of what's app. Its happened so many times that I can't use FlickType in messages or in the notification extension widget without switching to another keyboard, instead of simply dismissing the keyboard. 

On Aug 7, 2018, at 10:53 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

- Kosta