Topics

Build 136

Please test the new quote and emoji spacing functionality and report any unexpected behavior, ideally with a small reproducible example.

What's new:
- A space will now be inserted before the first typed emoji. No spaces will be inserted between consecutive emojis.
- Unwanted spaces around quotes will now be stripped.
- FlickType hint announcements have been limited to the first 3 times since launching the keyboard. This will reset whenever the keyboard is relaunched, which happens if you reboot your device, if you update FlickType, if FlickType crashed, or if full access is toggled in the settings. So while this won't prevent the hints entirely for those who really don't need them, it will silence them for the vast majority of the cases.

Previously:
- Touch typing: last-moment key changes right before touching up are now ignored, to avoid accidentally entering characters adjacent to the intended one.
- Touch typing: character phonetic feedback will only be announced while exploring, but not once the character has been entered.
- Setting for "Visual Announcements" will now persist between sessions, and is also available in the Settings screen.
- Fixed settings screen appearing visually broken when accessibility values for "Large Text" are used. Thanks Harry!

Thank you for testing FlickType!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

George Cham

Hi costa,
Still getting announcements when FlickType is launched.
I've also added 11 emoji in settings.
But only 10 are showing up after flicking up after a period.
The announcements are how to dismiss keyboard and how to select numbers.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:48:14 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 136

Please test the new quote and emoji spacing functionality and report any unexpected behavior, ideally with a small reproducible example.

What's new:
- A space will now be inserted before the first typed emoji. No spaces will be inserted between consecutive emojis.
- FlickType hint announcements have been limited to the first 3 times since launching the keyboard. This will reset whenever the keyboard is relaunched, which happens if you reboot your device, if you update FlickType, if FlickType crashed, or if full access is toggled in the settings. So while this won't prevent the hints entirely for those who really don't need them, it will silence them for the vast majority of the cases.

Previously:
- Touch typing: last-moment key changes right before touching up are now ignored, to avoid accidentally entering characters adjacent to the intended one.
- Touch typing: character phonetic feedback will only be announced while exploring, but not once the character has been entered.
- Setting for "Visual Announcements" will now persist between sessions, and is also available in the Settings screen.
- Fixed settings screen appearing visually broken when accessibility values for "Large Text" are used. Thanks Harry!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Benny Barber

Yes, having crashes due to using quotation marks. Thanks.
Benny

On Jul 10, 2018, at 12:48 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

What's new:

Previously:

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Thank you David and Benny. I have not yet received any crash logs. Could you please send me any flicktype logs you may have from the same day? Settings, privacy, analytics, analytics data.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jul 10, 2018, at 08:26, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Benny

What's new:

Previously:

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Benny Barber

Kosta,
I sent 3 reports to hello @flicktype. I have 2 more if you want them. Thanks.
Benny

On Jul 10, 2018, at 10:36 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you David and Benny. I have not yet received any crash logs. Could you please send me any flicktype logs you may have from the same day? Settings, privacy, analytics, analytics data.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jul 10, 2018, at 08:26, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Benny

What's new:

Previously:

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Thank you Benny and David, got the crash reports. Looking into it.

- Kosta

David Nason

One other issue with this build. 
 While the manual typing does seem better, I've noticed that sometimes, if for example I try to type the letter s, VoiceOver will say d as I lift my finger, but I will in fact have successfully typed the s. 
 So the accuracy is improved, but VoiceOver is giving me false information. 

Dave 

On 10 Jul 2018, at 18:16, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Benny and David, got the crash reports. Looking into it.

- Kosta