Topics

Build 135


 

- Disabled gesture to change keyboard height. We will revisit the non-fullscreen mode once some more foundational work is in place.
- Touch typing: Ignore last-moment key changes right before touching up, to avoid accidentally entering characters adjacent to the intended one.
- Touch typing: Don't provide character phonetic feedback after the character has been entered.
- Setting for "Visual Announcements" will now persist between sessions, and is also available in the Settings screen.
- Fixed settings screen appearing visually broken when accessibility values for "Large Text" are used. Thanks Harry!


Chuck Dean
 

Hi kosta,
I was typing in my journal app and after I dismissed the keyboard, the last line of text was replaced with a repeat of the first line of text.
I had this problem in previous builds.
Thanks,
Chuck


 

Thank you Chuck. Does that mean you lost the text of the last line? Or did it become the first line instead? And is this reproducible?

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jul 9, 2018, at 16:28, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hi kosta,
I was typing in my journal app and after I dismissed the keyboard, the last line of text was replaced with a repeat of the first line of text.
I had this problem in previous builds.
Thanks,
Chuck


Ed Worrell
 

Hey kosta,


The phonetics issue seems to be resolved.👍🏻

Using touch typing doesn't seem to have any more issues like erroneous letters. All seems to be fixed here too.👍🏻

One thing I would like to see though, it a space could be inserted after punctuation and before an emoji is used. I don't even know it this is possible...

Thanks again for a great build, and I hope you are feeling better.

Ed

On Jul 9, 2018, at 5:07 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Disabled gesture to change keyboard height. We will revisit the non-fullscreen mode once some more foundational work is in place.
- Touch typing: Ignore last-moment key changes right before touching up, to avoid accidentally entering characters adjacent to the intended one.
- Touch typing: Don't provide character phonetic feedback after the character has been entered.
- Setting for "Visual Announcements" will now persist between sessions, and is also available in the Settings screen.
- Fixed settings screen appearing visually broken when accessibility values for "Large Text" are used. Thanks Harry!



Chuck Dean
 

Hello Kosta,
The last line I typed was lost and replaced with a repeat of the first line.

I have tried to duplicate this in the journal and notes app without success. I'll keep you informed if I see it happen again.

Chuck

On Jul 9, 2018, at 5:24 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. Does that mean you lost the text of the last line? Or did it become the first line instead? And is this reproducible?

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jul 9, 2018, at 16:28, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hi kosta,
I was typing in my journal app and after I dismissed the keyboard, the last line of text was replaced with a repeat of the first line of text.
I had this problem in previous builds.
Thanks,
Chuck