Topics

Build 132 not working well in messages.

Chuck Dean

Hello Kosta,
I tried sending myself some text messages and the previous text message would be included in the text message I was sending. Perhaps this was because I was sending to myself, but I have never seen behavior like this before.
Chuck

Chuck Dean

But email is working great!
Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:07 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta,
I tried sending myself some text messages and the previous text message would be included in the text message I was sending. Perhaps this was because I was sending to myself, but I have never seen behavior like this before.
Chuck

Thank you Chuck.

For the repeating text in messages, do you have some simple steps to reliably reproduce?

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jul 5, 2018, at 16:08, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Chuck

Hello Kosta,
Chuck

Chuck Dean

I just kept sending myself messages, and after about the third message it would repeat the message before.
I tried it again, and it’s doing the same thing.
Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck.

For the repeating text in messages, do you have some simple steps to reliably reproduce?

Thanks,
Kosta

Chuck

Hello Kosta,
Chuck

Chuck Dean

Hello,
I tried it again, and I noticed that the text that includes the previous message, will have a greater than and less than symbol before and after the text. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I am not putting that in.
Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:27 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I just kept sending myself messages, and after about the third message it would repeat the message before.
Chuck

Thank you Chuck.

Thanks,
Kosta

Chuck

Hello Kosta,
Chuck

Thank you Chuck, that helps. Those symbols are used by FlickType when it thinks something has gone wrong.

Kosta

On Jul 5, 2018, at 16:35, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
I tried it again, and I noticed that the text that includes the previous message, will have a greater than and less than symbol before and after the text. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I am not putting that in.
Chuck

Chuck

Thank you Chuck.

Thanks,
Kosta

Chuck

Hello Kosta,
Chuck

Chuck Dean

I just sent you a screenshot of the last messages I tried send it to myself.
Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:58 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck, that helps. Those symbols are used by FlickType when it thinks something has gone wrong.

Kosta

Hello,
Chuck

Chuck

Thank you Chuck.

Thanks,
Kosta

Chuck

Hello Kosta,
Chuck

Chuck Dean

It may be that I was touching the screen above the keyboard while sending the messages.
I noticed that if I touch the screen it will read back to me the previous message, and perhaps that is why it is including it in the next message. But I am not sure.
Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:59 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I just sent you a screenshot of the last messages I tried send it to myself.
Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:58 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Kosta

Hello,
Chuck

Chuck

Thank you Chuck.

Thanks,
Kosta

Chuck

Hello Kosta,
Chuck

Matthew Janusauskas

I also experienced this same behavior on an iPhone X.

On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:35 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
Chuck

Chuck

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. 

Thanks,
Kosta 

Chuck 

Hello Kosta, 
Chuck