Topics

Build 128

Benny Barber

Kosta,

Just tried out build 128.  Still having the same problems.  I first went through google search, then mail search and then youtube search.  The first tries at all 3 of these worked fine.  I went through each of these a second time, but had problems.  When I pulled up google, I tapped on search, the FlickType keyboard came up and as I would call it, the keyboard was asleep (there was no audio announcement that FlickType was active).  I tapped on the screen and it became active.  I then entered a search request.  I noticed on this second try that the search button was not labeled as such (search).  The button was labeled as dismiss this time.  The first time; when it worked properly, the button was labeled as search.  I tapped on dismiss.  The keyboard was dismissed and my search request was entered in the search field, but the search button was apparently not activated.  This was repeated on the second youtube search as well.  The button was improperly labeled as dismiss and the search request was not activated when tapping dismiss.  I tried a couple of more times and the screen locked again as it did this afternoon around 3:00 my time (CDT).  The second time it locked was about 5:27 CDT.

When I do a search in the mail app, the button to activate the search will sometimes be labeled search and sometimes it will be labeled dismiss.  Even with that, the search works properly in the mail app.  I also noticed in the mail app that wen FlickType comes up for a search, it always has the audio announcement that flickType is active.  The alternating label for the button has been the only thing I noticed in the mail app.  Thanks.

Benny

Benny Barber

I need to note that the problems that I am having in google and youtube are not in their respective apps.  The problems are happening in their Safari URL site.  I do not have the google and youtube apps.  Maybe that’s stupid, but that’s just the way it is.  Thanks.

Benny

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Benny Barber
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2018 6:02 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 128

Kosta,

B

Just tried out build 128. B Still having the same problems. B I first went through google search, then mail search and then youtube search. B The first tries at all 3 of these worked fine. B I went through each of these a second time, but had problems. B When I pulled up google, I tapped on search, the FlickType keyboard came up and as I would call it, the keyboard was asleep (there was no audio announcement that FlickType was active). B I tapped on the screen and it became active. B I then entered a search request. B I noticed on this second try that the search button was not labeled as such (search). B The button was labeled as dismiss this time. B The first time; when it worked properly, the button was labeled as search. B I tapped on dismiss. B The keyboard was dismissed and my search request was entered in the search field, but the search button was apparently not activated. B This was repeated on the second youtube search as well. B The button was improperly labeled as dismiss and the search request was not activated when tapping dismiss. B I tried a couple of more times and the screen locked again as it did this afternoon around 3:00 my time (CDT). B The second time it locked was about 5:27 CDT.

B

When I do a search in the mail app, the button to activate the search will sometimes be labeled search and sometimes it will be labeled dismiss. B Even with that, the search works properly in the mail app. B I also noticed in the mail app that wen FlickType comes up for a search, it always has the audio announcement that flickType is active. B The alternating label for the button has been the only thing I noticed in the mail app. B Thanks.

B

Benny

Benny Barber

Kosta,

I “see” the error of my way.  The dismiss and search buttons are so close together, I have been missing the search button.  It appears that the search button is working properly.  I apologize for the confusion.  I still don’t understand the locking of the screen and the unresponsive FlickType keyboard when it is launched in Safari.  Thanks.

Benny

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Benny Barber
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2018 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 128

I need to note that the problems that I am having in google and youtube are not in their respective apps. B The problems are happening in their Safari URL site. B I do not have the google and youtube apps. B Maybe thatbs stupid, but thatbs just the way it is. B Thanks.

B

Benny

B

size=2 width="100%" align=center tabindex=-1>

Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2018 6:02 PM
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 128

B

Kosta,

B

Just tried out build 128. B Still having the same problems. B I first went through google search, then mail search and then youtube search. B The first tries at all 3 of these worked fine. B I went through each of these a second time, but had problems. B When I pulled up google, I tapped on search, the FlickType keyboard came up and as I would call it, the keyboard was asleep (there was no audio announcement that FlickType was active). B I tapped on the screen and it became active. B I then entered a search request. B I noticed on this second try that the search button was not labeled as such (search). B The button was labeled as dismiss this time. B The first time; when it worked properly, the button was labeled as search. B I tapped on dismiss. B The keyboard was dismissed and my search request was entered in the search field, but the search button was apparently not activated. B This was repeated on the second youtube search as well. B The button was improperly labeled as dismiss and the search request was not activated when tapping dismiss. B I tried a couple of more times and the screen locked again as it did this afternoon around 3:00 my time (CDT). B The second time it locked was about 5:27 CDT.

B

When I do a search in the mail app, the button to activate the search will sometimes be labeled search and sometimes it will be labeled dismiss. B Even with that, the search works properly in the mail app. B I also noticed in the mail app that wen FlickType comes up for a search, it always has the audio announcement that flickType is active. B The alternating label for the button has been the only thing I noticed in the mail app. B Thanks.

B

Benny

Thank you Benny, it's a relief to know that there was no issue with the Search button. For the locking of the screen and the unresponsive keyboard when launched in Safari, has anyone else noticed that?

And what worries me most are the cases of lost text that both Chuck and Benny have reported in the last few builds. If anyone else experiences any text loss please let us know as soon as possible.

Thank you for testing!

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

Hi Kosta,
Other than a few red screens, the last few builds have worked well with no text loss.👍
Chuck

On Jul 3, 2018, at 10:32 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Benny, it's a relief to know that there was no issue with the Search button. For the locking of the screen and the unresponsive keyboard when launched in Safari, has anyone else noticed that?

And what worries me most are the cases of lost text that both Chuck and Benny have reported in the last few builds. If anyone else experiences any text loss please let us know as soon as possible.

Thank you for testing!

- Kosta