Topics

Build 127

- Return key action bug fixes
- Changed dismiss and next keyboard hints to mention the corresponding keys rather than the gestures

Chuck Dean

Hi kosta,
The return key is working fine. At this moment I am getting a lot of red screens.

Also, I tried dismissing the keyboard in messages. When I did, the entire message text field disappeared.
I tried it a couple of times... Same result.
It works ok if I change to the iOS keyboard.

Chuck

On Jul 3, 2018, at 11:01 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Changed dismiss and next keyboard hints to mention the corresponding keys rather than the gestures

Benny Barber

Kosta,
A couple of times in YouTube, the FlickType screen has locked up. All that was on the screen was the letters. The home row bar was not there. The screen would not react. Also, I almost always have to touch the screen to wake up FlickType when it comes up. There seems to be some inconsistency when trying to use the search, go and etc. button sometimes it will just not work. Thanks
Benny

On Jul 3, 2018, at 1:01 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. If you try to type the exact same message again, do you always lose the text upon dismissing?
Thank you Benny. Are all the problems you describe limited to the YouTube app only? And are they new in this version?

As a reminder, please make sure you restart your device after updating.

- Kosta

George Cham

Hi costa.
I tried doing a search in you tube using FlickType.
Dismissed keyboard ok.
Did not experience lock screen or red screen.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:40:41 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 127

Thank you Chuck. If you try to type the exact same message again, do you always lose the text upon dismissing?
Thank you Benny. Are all the problems you describe limited to the YouTube app only? And are they new in this version?

- Kosta

Benny Barber

The problems were in Google as well. I didn't seem to have the problems in the mail app search. As I said, there was some inconsistency in the problems. Sometimes everything worked fine. I looked at analytics, but saw nothing today. Thanks. 
 Benny 

On Jul 3, 2018, at 2:40 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

- Kosta

Benny Barber

Begin forwarded message:
This was along email toKosta, but there was no content when originally sent using FlickType. This forwarded message was type with the iOS keyboard. Thanks.

Hi Benny. Are you saying you lost what you typed?
- Kosta

Benny Barber

Yes.  I just sent an analytics report to hello @ FlickType as well.  Thanks.

On Jul 3, 2018, at 3:24 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Hi Benny. Are you saying you lost what you typed?
- Kosta

Thank you Benny. I got the crash report you sent, but I can't tell if it coincided with when you lost text. The filename indicates it crashed today at 1:57 pm your time. Is that when you lost your text, or could it be unrelated? I've previously noticed that sometimes and for unknown reasons the keyboard will crash right as it's about to pop up, and iOS will immediately relaunch it, and when that happens it might not even be noticeable to users at all.

Thanks,
Kosta

Chuck Dean

Hi kosta, 
 I went back and tried to duplicate the problem five times. It did not do it again. 
 I will keep an eye out for this problem, but it may have been a short lived glitch. 
 Chuck 

On Jul 3, 2018, at 12:40 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

- Kosta

Benny Barber

No,  it was right at 3:00 my time. Thanks.

On Jul 3, 2018, at 3:40 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Benny. I got the crash report you sent, but I can't tell if it coincided with when you lost text. The filename indicates it crashed today at 1:57 pm your time. Is that when you lost your text, or could it be unrelated? I've previously noticed that sometimes and for unknown reasons the keyboard will crash right as it's about to pop up, and iOS will immediately relaunch it, and when that happens it might not even be noticeable to users at all.

Thanks,
Kosta