Topics

Build 108


 

- Added spelling and phonetic feedback settings, on by default.
- Starting to type will now immediately interrupt the initial FlickType hint.


Paul Sutton
 

Hi Kosta, the spelling and phonetic feedback does not seem to be working. It works in the stand alone app but not in the system wide keyboard.
Regards, paul.

On 25 Jun 2018, at 09:55, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added spelling and phonetic feedback settings, on by default.
- Starting to type will now immediately interrupt the initial FlickType hint.



Salman Haider
 

Yes, like Paul, I am experiencing the same thing.
Those features only seem to be working in the container app, but not
when the keyboard is used in any other apps.
Salman

On 6/25/18, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta, the spelling and phonetic feedback does not seem to be working. It
works in the stand alone app but not in the system wide keyboard.
Regards, paul.
On 25 Jun 2018, at 09:55, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added spelling and phonetic feedback settings, on by default.
- Starting to type will now immediately interrupt the initial FlickType
hint.





Michael Maslo
 

I also do not get it to spell phonetically

On Jun 25, 2018, at 06:35, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

Yes, like Paul, I am experiencing the same thing.
Those features only seem to be working in the container app, but not
when the keyboard is used in any other apps.
Salman

On 6/25/18, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta, the spelling and phonetic feedback does not seem to be working. It
works in the stand alone app but not in the system wide keyboard.
Regards, paul.
On 25 Jun 2018, at 09:55, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added spelling and phonetic feedback settings, on by default.
- Starting to type will now immediately interrupt the initial FlickType
hint.






David Nason
 

Yes I can also confirm this.
I get phonetic feedback in the demo tab of the container app, but not in the system wide keyboard itself.

Dave

On 25 Jun 2018, at 12:46, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

I also do not get it to spell phonetically
On Jun 25, 2018, at 06:35, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

Yes, like Paul, I am experiencing the same thing.
Those features only seem to be working in the container app, but not
when the keyboard is used in any other apps.
Salman

On 6/25/18, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta, the spelling and phonetic feedback does not seem to be working. It
works in the stand alone app but not in the system wide keyboard.
Regards, paul.
On 25 Jun 2018, at 09:55, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added spelling and phonetic feedback settings, on by default.
- Starting to type will now immediately interrupt the initial FlickType
hint.







Macster
 

Hi Kosta.

I can confirm as others have that the word announcements are working in the app but not if using the keyboard elsewhere.

I have noticed another issue and wonder if they are related however. You've made it so that the announcement at the start will be ignored if typing begins. This has an effect if you type quickly, in that whilst the previous word used to be announced as I'm typing the next one, this is no longer the case as it cuts out, for want of a better way to put it, and the word being typed is given priority. I'm not sure how this is programmed, but in audio terms it's like the attack time and or release time of the compressor or noise gate needs adjusted slightly, most likely to make them shorter. Is this possible?

Also, not sure if this is related but the three finger hold gesture to hear what I've written is still working but it's a bit of a hit and a miss in this build.

I'm happy to say there has been no disappearing text though so hopefully you've squashed that bug for good👍

Slainte,

Macky

On 25 Jun 2018, at 09:55, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added spelling and phonetic feedback settings, on by default.
- Starting to type will now immediately interrupt the initial FlickType hint.



Benny Barber
 

Kosta,
The 3 finger tap and hold is not working very well in build 108. It is very sporatic. Phonetic read back is not working in the custom keyboard while typing this email in the iOS mail app. Thanks.
Benny

On Jun 25, 2018, at 3:55 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added spelling and phonetic feedback settings, on by default.
- Starting to type will now immediately interrupt the initial FlickType hint.