Topics

Build55

Chuck Dean

Ok, so this is a diagnostic tool and not a warning from my iPhone. I had to do a reboot in order to write this email. I got the memory warning! That wouldn't go away. When I restarted this email there was a large lag while typing. I remember Fleksy doing this, so I turned off voice over and turned it back on; now there is no lag. Using iPhone eight running iOS eleven point three point one.

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 12:04 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

A little more information on the memory warnings:

Unlike an app, when a keyboard crashes for whatever reason, the system
quickly relaunches it so you might not even notice that a crash has
occurred. Crashes can happen if the keyboard uses more memory than the
frugal amount that iOS allows. Previously, I didn't announce the memory
warnings, but the keyboard still crashed way too frequently. By adding the
warnings, I can at least get a sense from your reports about how many of
the crashes are due to memory limits, and if my attempts to improve memory
usage are having any impact. Once I add some analytics code, those warnings
can be reported directly through that system instead, so you will not have
to ever endure the message. Of course the keyboard might still be crashing
until the root cause is addressed and the memory usage becomes acceptable
by iOS.

- Kosta

- To join our beta, please send an email here
<beta+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io?subject=Subscribe&body=empty>
- Browse all our forum topics <https://flicktype.groups.io/g/hello/topics>
- Post to our forum <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
- Join our forum <hello+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io>
- Help & support <http://www.flicktype.com/help>
- Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/FlickType>

http://flicktype.com

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:54 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta, I just got the memory warning again, but if I continue to type
it seems to be ok. Oops, I spoke too soon. I just got the message two more
times, but I can keep on typing. It usually appears after I flick down to
select another prediction. Otherwise, this is typing great!

Chuck