Topics

Bild 75

- Don't add a space when deleting manually entered characters.

Paul Sutton

Hi,
Just reporting that this build has fixed the inserting a space during manual typing error. Thank you.
I also wanted too add that VoiceOver does not amounts when you are deleting a new line. Also, when inserting multiple new lines, a single swipe left will delete all of the new lines that you have entered rather than one at a time..
The last thing that I would like to ask is when swiping left and right with two fingers to read word by word, is there a way of reading a manually entered word as a whole word rather than letter by letter?.
Kind regards, Paul.

On 29 May 2018, at 23:19, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Don't add a space when deleting manually entered characters.

Chanelle Allen

Hello,
I can confirm that FlickType no longer inserts a space after deleting manually typed characters. I knew that FlickType did not announce new lines but I didn't realize that one swipe left would delete multiple line breaks until now. As of a few minutes ago, I have performed the new line gesture and ended up in the app Switcher. Maybe my finger was further to the left on the screen than usual, so hopefully, this quirk is not encountered by anyone else.

I am just glad that one of the spacing problems is resolved.😀 now, let's see how that emoji came out with FlickType and VoiceOver. Chanelle

On May 29, 2018, at 17:45, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi,
Just reporting that this build has fixed the inserting a space during manual typing error. Thank you.
I also wanted too add that VoiceOver does not amounts when you are deleting a new line. Also, when inserting multiple new lines, a single swipe left will delete all of the new lines that you have entered rather than one at a time..
The last thing that I would like to ask is when swiping left and right with two fingers to read word by word, is there a way of reading a manually entered word as a whole word rather than letter by letter?.
Kind regards, Paul.
On 29 May 2018, at 23:19, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Don't add a space when deleting manually entered characters.

What is the app switcher gesture that is similar to the new line gesture? I’m not aware of one...

Kosta

On May 29, 2018, at 16:58, Chanelle Allen <chanellem.allen@...> wrote:

[...]

I don't think there is a gesture for the app switcher, I think this is an iOS fluke when to close to the left side of the screen.
I had similar problems when trying to use 3D touch to enter a capital Q.

Chuck

On May 29, 2018, at 5:01 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Matthew Janusauskas

Force touch on the far left edge of the screen is the gesture to activate the iOS app switcher.

On May 29, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta,
[...]

Chuck Dean

Ok, I learn something new every gay😎

Chuck

On May 29, 2018, at 5:53 PM, Matthew Janusauskas <mjanusauskas@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Matthew. Also it seems like this gesture is not available on the iPhone X.

Hopefully the conflict with the FlickType 3D Touch gesture is not too common or too bad.

No big deal. I just used the two finger tap to cap the Q.

Chuck

On May 29, 2018, at 7:14 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Matthew. Also it seems like this gesture is not available on the iPhone X.

Hopefully the conflict with the FlickType 3D Touch gesture is not too common or too bad.

- Kosta

It might not have been clear enough from my release notes, but you can do the firm 3D press anywhere on the screen and it changes the whole layout as if you used the two finger tap. So you can perform the 3D Touch on the f for example, and without releasing your finger drag it over the Q. Also you only need to press hard momentarily for the toggle to work.

Hope that makes sense.

Kosta

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

 No big deal. I just used the two finger tap to cap the Q.

Chuck

> On May 29, 2018, at 7:14 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thank you Matthew. Also it seems like this gesture is not available on the iPhone X.
>
> Hopefully the conflict with the FlickType 3D Touch gesture is not too common or too bad.
>
> - Kosta

Macster

Hi Kosta and team. I've never had the text duplicating problem, and I've only had the text disappearing once but I'm not sure what I did to achieve it. Apologies, not very useful I know. I did notice the deleting individual characters would add a space, but I'm happy to report this build fixes that issue as expected.

The only thing I need to get used to is remembering whether I'm in the app or the custom keyboard whilst trying to enter a capital letter. In the app, it's type then gesture but in the custom keyboard its gesture then type. It works perfectly, its just my brain that goes into autopilot and I keep going for the app gesture but I'm sure I'll get there!

Its certainly come a long way in a short time. I'm guessing the next big job is adding words to the dictionary? Its probably less pressing now the manual keyboard is working so smoothly but it would still be welcome obviously.

I had no idea about the 3D touch on the left of the screen gesture to activate the app switcher. I learn something new every day.

Cheers to all,

Macky

Sent from my iPod

On 29 May 2018, at 23:19, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Don't add a space when deleting manually entered characters.

David Nason

Thanks for that fix Kosta. I too can confirm that I'm no longer getting those pesky spaces in manually typed words where I've deleted a letter.
I would also echo the point about deleting new lines. If you put a new line in, then change your mind and swipe left to delete it, instead of deleting just the new line, it deletes the last thing you typed, usually a punctuation mark, on the previous line.

I'm really getting to like the 3D touch for capital letters. I had forgotten about the app switcher gesture on the left as I am on an iPhone X. But as you say, you don't necessarily have to hard press on the letter you want, you can do that first, then slide to the desired letter.

Dave

On 30 May 2018, at 07:06, Macster <@Macster> wrote:

Macky

Paul Sutton

Hi,
I just wondered if in a later release it would be possible to have an option to disable the VoiceOver hints when launching FlickType as it's a little distracting when I want to start typing straight away.
Kind regards, Paul.

On 29 May 2018, at 23:19, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Don't add a space when deleting manually entered characters.

Salman Haider

I personally don't find them intrusive since they are interrupted right away when I switch to FlickType and begin typing.
One thing you could try is, once you have the FlickType keyboard up, simply do a quick swipe to the left. Which will result in VoiceOver announcing beginning of document. That can be used to interrupt the longer list of hints that you get. Also. You don't really have to wait until the entire list of hints is announced before you begin typing. You can very easily interrupt them by simply beginning to type and swipe.
Not something that bother's me personally. But just giving some suggestions for you to try, to interrupt the hints being spoken.

On Jun 2, 2018, at 4:45 AM, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi,
I just wondered if in a later release it would be possible to have an option to disable the VoiceOver hints when launching FlickType as it's a little distracting when I want to start typing straight away.
Kind regards, Paul.
On 29 May 2018, at 23:19, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Don't add a space when deleting manually entered characters.

Ed Worrell

I actually agree. I would like to have the option for less feedback. Maybe when the keyboard is launched it could say FlickType ready. This would be much more welcome.

Ed

On Jun 2, 2018, at 2:45 AM, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi,
I just wondered if in a later release it would be possible to have an option to disable the VoiceOver hints when launching FlickType as it's a little distracting when I want to start typing straight away.
Kind regards, Paul.
On 29 May 2018, at 23:19, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Don't add a space when deleting manually entered characters.

Chanelle Allen

Hello,
I agree that less feedback when FlickType starts would be nice. I will try flicking left to stop the initial message though.
Chanelle

On Jun 2, 2018, at 16:54, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

I actually agree. I would like to have the option for less feedback. Maybe when the keyboard is launched it could say FlickType ready. This would be much more welcome.

Ed
On Jun 2, 2018, at 2:45 AM, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi,
I just wondered if in a later release it would be possible to have an option to disable the VoiceOver hints when launching FlickType as it's a little distracting when I want to start typing straight away.
Kind regards, Paul.
On 29 May 2018, at 23:19, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Don't add a space when deleting manually entered characters.

Chuck Dean

The flick left works for me.
Perhaps in the future the announcements could be made to turn off after the keyboard has been used X amount of times.