Topics

A question regarding recent FlickType releases

Salman Haider

Hi Kosta and Ashley,
I had a question about the recent updates that I have been receiving on the Alpha group and Testflight. Just a bit confused about the sequence of the releases and I wanted to simply confirm this; The last couple of releases (208 and 204) have not been sent out to the Alpha group, and have been sent directly to Beta, is that how it was supposed to be, or is there something that I missed on the alpha group? Also, I noticed that releases for the Alpha group have been a lot more spaced out off late. The last one that I seem to have seen anything about on the Alpha group was version 201. Again, just wanting to confirm that I haven’t been missing anything on the Alpha group. It’s not been very active lately either, so was curious.
Thanks,
Salman

Hi Salman, and thank you for the question.

We send builds to the alpha group when we make changes that we think have a high risk of breaking something important that we miss during testing. If we have more confidence in our changes, we will often release builds straight to beta in the interest of iterating faster. That said, our judgement is not always correct, but we are trying to strike a good balance between developing fast and not breaking everyone's keyboard too often, smile.

Salman Haider

Hi Kosta,
Thank you for that. Makes sense now.
Salman