Topics

Version 3.1 with the yearly subscription is live

Macster

Hi Kosta,

I've noticed a small but strange bit of behaviour with flicktype whilst typing emails. If I need to manually type any word at the start of a line, the first letter is capitalised as expected and there is no problem typing the rest of the word. After swiping right however, the initial character is on its own with a space inserted between it and the rest of the word. Hope that makes sense. I'm running build 177, iOS 12 on an iPhone SE.

I'm keen to try the watch experience, but I have a series 1 watch which can't run watch os 5 and feels slightly slow now compared to how the new versions run from what I'm told. So maybe I won't be the best placed to test but I'll give it a go👍

Macky

On 25 Sep 2018, at 02:15, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Update on the lack of purchasing options for version 3.1:

It appears that the Apple system has finally been updated, and the two options for the monthly and yearly subscription are now appearing in the "Upgrade" screen of the app, at least for some people. We are currently trying to understand if it now works for everyone.

So regardless of whether you are planning to modify your subscription or not, it would be very helpful for us to confirm that if you download this version from the App Store and then go to the Upgrade screen, you get those two options. If you do not get any of the subscription options, please restart the FlickType app and try again. If that fails, please restart your device and try again. Please let us know your experience, whatever that was.

MariaRosa, thank you for wanting to support us, we really appreciate it. Simply follow the above steps to download the app from the App Store and choose your subscription option. You should still receive beta updates through TestFlight. Let us know if you're having any problems.

Thank you,
Kosta

Macster

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

This is a very minor issue, and I suspect it might not be a FlickType issue but I thought I'd run it by you. In Facebook, if I get a notification that it's a friend's birthday, click on it, and go to the fields of that day's birthdays... I can type happy birthday but it's like the swipe for ending the word doesn't work. But trying to delete and start again will only delete the second word, even though it reads happy birthday as one word once typed. Its difficult to explain but it's certainly odd behavior yet only seems to occur in that particular field. Hope that makes sense.

[...]

Hi Maria,

Yes, and then once there's a new beta update you will receive a notification like normal at which time you will be able to download the latest beta just like usual but remain subscribed to the App Store version.

Thanks a bunch for your support!
Ashley

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:00 PM, MariaRosa Chapman wrote:

so I just leave the beta app where it is, go and download the flick type app
from the app store and subscribe?

Macster

Apologies, I hit send on that before I finished typing...

After I hit ok, I went into the app again and hit the yearly option again. It then said you are already subscribed. Upon choosing the manage subscriptions option to check, it appears as if it has gone through, showing my monthly subscription will end on October 4th and the yearly option begins thereafter. Sorted. But then when I went back to the container app, I got the error, can't connect to iTunes store message.

So, it looks as if it has worked but I'm getting the wrong message in the app? Can you confirm?

Slainte,

[...]

I downloaded the app store version and rebooted my phone. The subscription options both appear now no problem.

I chose the yearly option and confirmed with touch ID. Unfortunately it said transaction failed, cannot connect to iTunes store. I hit

[...]

MariaRosa Chapman

HI.

so I just leave the beta app where it is, go and download the flick type app from the app store and subscribe?

Maria

On 25 Sep 2018, at 11:15 am, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Hi chuck,
I've got both devices running on the same apple id.
It I try to download the app while running beta.,
It says open.
So I removed the beta from I pad.