Topics

Bild 144

- Keys will now be shown by default. Can be turned off in the settings.
- Visual tweaks to keyboard area when keys are hidden.
- Visual announcements will now take up more than one line if needed, rather than squeeze the announcement text all in one line by making the font extremely small.
- When reading back the typed text, it will now also be shown as a multiline visual announcement.
- "System" announcements such as switching to numbers or invoking shift will now appear yellow and have a slightly higher pitch.
- Added a workaround setting for the WhatsApp crash, off by default. Enable "Reduced Height" in the settings only if you have been experiencing crashes with WhatsApp.
- Removed confusing "Inactive" badge on Upgrade tab item.
- Added hint on how to change the preset emoji setting.

George Cham

The keys on the keyboard are easy to see.
I don't mind using keys or no keys.
However. This is my second attempt at typing this.
Because when typing this before, the keyboard disappeared and only the first word wow remained.

- Keys will now be shown by default. Can be turned off in the settings.
- Visual tweaks to keyboard area when keys are hidden.
- Visual announcements will now take up more than one line if needed, rather than squeeze the announcement text all in one line by making the font extremely small.
- When reading back the typed text, it will now also be shown as a multiline visual announcement.
- "System" announcements such as switching to numbers or invoking shift will now appear yellow and have a slightly higher pitch.
- Added a workaround setting for the WhatsApp crash, off by default. Enable "Reduced Height" in the settings only if you have been experiencing crashes with WhatsApp.
- Removed confusing "Inactive" badge on Upgrade tab item.
- Added hint on how to change the preset emoji setting.

Macster

Hi Kosta.

This is a bizarre one but I've managed to repeat three times in a row. Whilst using messenger and typing to a friend about a football player, I typed exactly this:

We could get 800k for Waghorn as Derby are looking to buy him for £8m.

I managed to type that three times, but as soon as I looked for the P to type Pedro at the start of the next sentence, the text disappears and its as if I've just double tapped on the field. Neither messenger or FlickType crashes though. I know we've been through the disappearing text thing before, but this just seemed to behave differently and consistently which I don't think I've seen personally.

I hope this is of some use to you anyway. I'm currently running iOS 11.4 on my iPhone SE.

Cheers,

Macky

On 23 Jul 2018, at 21:28, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Keys will now be shown by default. Can be turned off in the settings.
- Visual tweaks to keyboard area when keys are hidden.
- Visual announcements will now take up more than one line if needed, rather than squeeze the announcement text all in one line by making the font extremely small.
- When reading back the typed text, it will now also be shown as a multiline visual announcement.
- "System" announcements such as switching to numbers or invoking shift will now appear yellow and have a slightly higher pitch.
- Added a workaround setting for the WhatsApp crash, off by default. Enable "Reduced Height" in the settings only if you have been experiencing crashes with WhatsApp.
- Removed confusing "Inactive" badge on Upgrade tab item.
- Added hint on how to change the preset emoji setting.

Michael Maslo

I am having a issue which has been evident for a while.

While typing and when I type a wrong word, while flicking down to select a different word, the keyboard disappears and I have to double tap inn the edit field to get the keyboard back up. This happened happen twice while typing this email. I am a totally blind person and have no idea if screens turn colors.

On Jul 26, 2018, at 04:42, Macster via Groups.Io <alan.macdonald1=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

David Nason

Michael, it sounds like you are accidentally envoking the dismiss gesture. Try not to hold your finger on the screen after swiping down.

Kosta, for people who struggle with those gestures, I wonder could or should there be a setting to disable them, and use the optional keys only?

Dave

On 26 Jul 2018, at 11:33, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

[...]

I am really a fan of all of the gestures except the dismiss and switch keyboard gestured. Before everyone gets on me. I want to say I can perform then just fine. I just wish they were of the multi finger variety. A two finger flick down to dismiss and a two finger flick up to switch. Then we don't run into issues with accidental dismissal of the keyboard or in my case switching punctuation as I type very quickly and forget to wait to dismiss. The pause is to long. I know it has to be as that's the difference between the flick down gestured... I just think switching the gesture would fix a lot of the accidental dismissal issues.

Ed Worrell

On Jul 26, 2018, at 7:29 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

[...]

You and I have very different preferences then Ed, haha.
I want all one finger gestures if at all possible as I use my phone one handed as much as I can. I like to keep the control keys hidden because I find I select them by accident when they are there. So I would keep selecting dismiss when I wanted numbers or punctuation for example.
Perhaps there could be an option to have those particular gestures as one or two fingers or something.

Dave

On 26 Jul 2018, at 16:52, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

[...]

Salman Haider

Add me to that list. Agree with Dave one hundred percent.