Topics

Weird behavior while typing in notes, and journal app

Chuck Dean

Hello Kosta, 

While typing in my journal app and in notes I am having text move around and replacing other text after dismissing FlickType. 

Here is what I typed. 

First line. 

Second line, go to iOS keyboard. 

Third line. Dismiss FlickType.

Forth line return to FlickType. Now dismiss FlickType again. 

But this is what I ended up with: 

Dismiss FlickType. 

Chuck

PS, this is not a recent problem, I have noticed it before but just did not have the time to duplicate the problem.

Thank you Chuck. I hope at least you don’t lose any text. As I understand it, after dismissing a keyboard, the cursor will move to either the end or the beginning of the document, somewhat unpredictably. So if you keep dismissing and then typing some more, the text is not going to flow the way you might expect. 

Something that might help here is to change the dismiss function to only make flicktype half screen rather than dismiss it entirely, so that the cursor position is preserved. I’m working on the half screen more right now, so we’ll see how that goes. Stay tuned. 

Kosta

On Jul 4, 2018, at 14:48, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta, 

While typing in my journal app and in notes I am having text move around and replacing other text after dismissing FlickType. 

Here is what I typed. 

First line. 

Dismiss FlickType. 

Chuck

PS, this is not a recent problem, I have noticed it before but just did not have the time to duplicate the problem.

Chuck Dean

👍 

On Jul 4, 2018, at 3:23 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. I hope at least you don’t lose any text. As I understand it, after dismissing a keyboard, the cursor will move to either the end or the beginning of the document, somewhat unpredictably. So if you keep dismissing and then typing some more, the text is not going to flow the way you might expect. 

Something that might help here is to change the dismiss function to only make flicktype half screen rather than dismiss it entirely, so that the cursor position is preserved. I’m working on the half screen more right now, so we’ll see how that goes. Stay tuned. 

Kosta

Hello Kosta, 

Here is what I typed. 

First line. 

Dismiss FlickType. 

Chuck

George Cham

Hi all,
I tried typing the following text into notes to see if I could reproduce the issue that chuck is having.
The quick brown fox jumped.
No problems. The curser moved to the start of the text.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:58:45 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Weird behavior while typing in notes, and journal app

👍 

Kosta

Hello Kosta, 

Here is what I typed. 

First line. 

Dismiss FlickType. 

Chuck

Ed Worrell

Hello Kosta,

A half screen mode sounds great!!! I am having many issues with FlickType locking up the applications I am trying to type in. I am however running the iOS 12 beta 3, that was released on the 3rd of July. This might be the issue as they only started to present themselves after the beta was installed from Apple.

Ed

On Jul 4, 2018, at 5:15 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I tried typing the following text into notes to see if I could reproduce the issue that chuck is having.
The quick brown fox jumped.
No problems. The curser moved to the start of the text.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:58:45 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Weird behavior while typing in notes, and journal app

👍 

Kosta

Hello Kosta, 
 Here is what I typed. 

First line. 

Dismiss FlickType. 

Chuck