Topics

Build 114 prediction not as good?

Chuck Dean

Build 114 prediction not as good?
Hello everyone,
Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.
For example I went to type the word "on" end the first prediction was "of".

Anyone else having this problem?

Chuck

Michael Maslo

Hey chuck, yes I have noticed the same. I thought it was me.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 19:28, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Build 114 prediction not as good?
Hello everyone,
Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.
For example I went to type the word "on" end the first prediction was "of".

Anyone else having this problem?

I am going to revert back to the app store version for comparison.
Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:30 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hey chuck, yes I have noticed the same. I thought it was me.
On Jun 28, 2018, at 19:28, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Build 114 prediction not as good?
Hello everyone,
Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.
For example I went to type the word "on" end the first prediction was "of".

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm having the same problem.
I typed in apple, but found that I had to swipe down several times

Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.
For example I went to type the word "on" end the first prediction was "of".

Anyone else having this problem?

 Hello everyone,
 I reverted back to the app store version. The predictions are almost perfect. While typing this I haven't had to swipe down at all.
 Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:34 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I'm having the same problem.
I typed in apple, but found that I had to swipe down several times

Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.
For example I went to type the word "on" end the first prediction was "of".

Anyone else having this problem?

Chuck

Thank you both for the report. I don't see any changes on our end that could affect the accuracy between builds 110 and 114, but one can never be 100% certain. A good way to test this, now that you can get corrections after typing something manually, is to pick a word and then type it out manually but wrong in a deliberate and repeatable way. For example, to type Apple you might type something like S O O K R, and then see how far down in the suggestion you can find the original word. Also please note that the last two words or punctuation before the word you are correcting need to be identical if you are comparing between builds. Of course sometimes you can type the same letter but on a slightly different location of that letter's key, but on average over 4-5 different examples you should be able to know if there are any big differences.

Again, I don't see anything on our end that would result in lower accuracy, but it's obviously extremely important to avoid any such regressions so if you have any reproducible examples of how this differs between versions we'd love to know. And for me to reproduce anything I will need to also know the previous two words or punctuation, as well as the word in question.

Thank you,
Kosta

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:40 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

 Hello everyone,
 I reverted back to the app store version. The predictions are almost perfect. While typing this I haven't had to swipe down at all.
 Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:34 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I'm having the same problem.
I typed in apple, but found that I had to swipe down several times

Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.
For example I went to type the word "on" end the first prediction was "of".

Anyone else having this problem?

 I reverted back to the app store version. The difference is night and day.
 I was getting frustrated with the constant wrong words so I went back to classic and all was well, so I figured it was the app and not my typing, so I went back.
 Chuck