Topics

Build 114 prediction not as good?

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.
For example I went to type the word "on" end the first prediction was "of".

Anyone else having this problem?

Chuck

Michael Maslo

Hey chuck, yes I have noticed the same. I thought it was me.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 19:28, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.

Chuck

Chuck Dean

I am going to revert back to the app store version for comparison.
Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:30 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hey chuck, yes I have noticed the same. I thought it was me.
On Jun 28, 2018, at 19:28, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Chuck

George Cham

I'm having the same problem.
I typed in apple, but found that I had to swipe down several times

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 10:28:14 AM
To: Alpha
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 114 prediction not as good?

Hello everyone,

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone, 
 I reverted back to the app store version. The predictions are almost perfect. While typing this I haven't had to swipe down at all. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:34 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>

Hello everyone,

Chuck

Thank you both for the report. I don't see any changes on our end that could affect the accuracy between builds 110 and 114, but one can never be 100% certain. A good way to test this, now that you can get corrections after typing something manually, is to pick a word and then type it out manually but wrong in a deliberate and repeatable way. For example, to type Apple you might type something like S O O K R, and then see how far down in the suggestion you can find the original word. Also please note that the last two words or punctuation before the word you are correcting need to be identical if you are comparing between builds. Of course sometimes you can type the same letter but on a slightly different location of that letter's key, but on average over 4-5 different examples you should be able to know if there are any big differences.

Again, I don't see anything on our end that would result in lower accuracy, but it's obviously extremely important to avoid any such regressions so if you have any reproducible examples of how this differs between versions we'd love to know. And for me to reproduce anything I will need to also know the previous two words or punctuation, as well as the word in question.

Thank you,
Kosta

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:40 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone, 
 I reverted back to the app store version. The predictions are almost perfect. While typing this I haven't had to swipe down at all. 
 Chuck 

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Hello everyone,

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Hello, 
 I reverted back to the app store version. The difference is night and day. 
 I was getting frustrated with the constant wrong words so I went back to classic and all was well, so I figured it was the app and not my typing, so I went back. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 28, 2018, at 6:01 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you both for the report. I don't see any changes on our end that could affect the accuracy between builds 110 and 114, but one can never be 100% certain. A good way to test this, now that you can get corrections after typing something manually, is to pick a word and then type it out manually but wrong in a deliberate and repeatable way. For example, to type Apple you might type something like S O O K R, and then see how far down in the suggestion you can find the original word. Also please note that the last two words or punctuation before the word you are correcting need to be identical if you are comparing between builds. Of course sometimes you can type the same letter but on a slightly different location of that letter's key, but on average over 4-5 different examples you should be able to know if there are any big differences.

Again, I don't see anything on our end that would result in lower accuracy, but it's obviously extremely important to avoid any such regressions so if you have any reproducible examples of how this differs between versions we'd love to know. And for me to reproduce anything I will need to also know the previous two words or punctuation, as well as the word in question.

Thank you,
Kosta

Hello everyone, 
 Chuck 

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Hello everyone,

Chuck

Michael, Chuck and George, do you have any specific accuracy examples
you can reproduce and share? Chuck, you mentioned you tried to type
"on" and instead got the word "off", do you remember what the last two
words were in that context?

Also, have others noticed any similar change in accuracy?

Thanks,
Kosta

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 6:11 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
I was getting frustrated with the constant wrong words so I went back to classic and all was well, so I figured it was the app and not my typing, so I went back.
Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 6:01 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you,
Kosta

Hello everyone,
Chuck

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Hello everyone,

Chuck

George Cham

Hi costa,,
I was typing apple, as I type, apple came up as the second suggestion after swiping gown.
It may be the way I'm typing and where I'm placing my finger. .
Because as I type, some of the words coming out the first time.

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:23:45 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 114 prediction not as good?

Thanks,
Kosta

>
> Hello,
>  I reverted back to the app store version. The difference is night and day.
>  I was getting frustrated with the constant wrong words so I went back to classic and all was well, so I figured it was the app and not my typing, so I went back.
>  Chuck
>
> On Jun 28, 2018, at 6:01 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thank you both for the report. I don't see any changes on our end that could affect the accuracy between builds 110 and 114, but one can never be 100% certain. A good way to test this, now that you can get corrections after typing something manually, is to pick a word and then type it out manually but wrong in a deliberate and repeatable way. For example, to type Apple you might type something like S O O K R, and then see how far down in the suggestion you can find the original word. Also please note that the last two words or punctuation before the word you are correcting need to be identical if you are comparing between builds. Of course sometimes you can type the same letter but on a slightly different location of that letter's key, but on average over 4-5 different examples you should be able to know if there are any big differences.
>
> Again, I don't see anything on our end that would result in lower accuracy, but it's obviously extremely important to avoid any such regressions so if you have any reproducible examples of how this differs between versions we'd love to know. And for me to reproduce anything I will need to also know the previous two words or punctuation, as well as the word in question.
>
> Thank you,
> Kosta
>
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:40 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
>>
>>
>>  Hello everyone,
>>  I reverted back to the app store version. The predictions are almost perfect. While typing this I haven't had to swipe down at all.
>>  Chuck
>>
>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:34 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:
>>
>> I'm having the same problem.
>> I typed in apple, but found that I had to swipe down several times
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> George Cham
>>
>> ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
>> Numbers 6:24-26
>> Get Outlook for iOS
>> ________________________________
>> From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
>> Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 10:28:14 AM
>> To: Alpha
>> Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 114 prediction not as good?
>>
>> Build 114 prediction not as good?
>> Hello everyone,
>> Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.
>> For example I went to type the word "on" end the first prediction was "of".
>>
>> Anyone else having this problem?
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>>
>>
>

Chuck Dean

Here is the sentence where I typed... On... And the first prediction was... Of.
The dwarf car museum was on my classic car so I sent the you tube on to the cars list.

I am not sure if both... On... Had the problem but I know the one after you tube was. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 28, 2018, at 6:23 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thanks,
Kosta

Hello,
Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 6:01 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you,
Kosta

Hello everyone,
Chuck

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hello everyone,

Chuck

Salman Haider

I have definitely noticed this as well.
Infact, I have to say that I have noticed a regression in the app's
ability to predict correctly at various points during the development
cycle/process. In certain releases, the app's prediction engine works
very well. Others, not so much.
It's a random thing. However, in the few times that I have mentioned
it on the list, it hasn't seemed like others have encountered the
issue as much or as frequently.
I have not said anything about it ever since, thinking maybe it's just me.
I also have to say that I never started a brand new discussion thread
about it, each time I experienced this issue with a certain release.

That said, version 114 has definitely given me more issues with
getting the accurate prediction, just like various other random
releases have in the past. This time too, I did not mention it right
away, thinking that like before, maybe it's just me who has felt it.
So in a way, I am glad that more people are experiencing the same
issue as well and reporting it.
I think it would allow Kosta to tackle the problem more effectively
and efficiently, the more reports he receives.
Obviously the prediction engine becoming a bit more inaccurate is an
issue being caused inadvertently.

Version 112 seems to work quite well for me and that's what I have on
my device at this time.

On 6/28/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It
seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.

Chuck

Ed Worrell

I to am having more mistakes than I used to with the predictive engine. I have noticed that if I make over exaggerated gestures whilst typing it seems to be more accurate. Just my findings so far.

I have not had any issues with memory loss or text loss.

Ed

On Jun 28, 2018, at 9:42 PM, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

I have definitely noticed this as well.
Infact, I have to say that I have noticed a regression in the app's
ability to predict correctly at various points during the development
cycle/process. In certain releases, the app's prediction engine works
very well. Others, not so much.
It's a random thing. However, in the few times that I have mentioned
it on the list, it hasn't seemed like others have encountered the
issue as much or as frequently.
I have not said anything about it ever since, thinking maybe it's just me.
I also have to say that I never started a brand new discussion thread
about it, each time I experienced this issue with a certain release.

That said, version 114 has definitely given me more issues with
getting the accurate prediction, just like various other random
releases have in the past. This time too, I did not mention it right
away, thinking that like before, maybe it's just me who has felt it.
So in a way, I am glad that more people are experiencing the same
issue as well and reporting it.
I think it would allow Kosta to tackle the problem more effectively
and efficiently, the more reports he receives.
Obviously the prediction engine becoming a bit more inaccurate is an
issue being caused inadvertently.

Version 112 seems to work quite well for me and that's what I have on
my device at this time.

On 6/28/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
Is it my imagination or is the predictions in build 114 a little off? It
seems like I am having to swipe down a lot more than usual.

Chuck