Topics

Build 109

Chanelle Allen

Hi Kosta,
Thank you for bringing spelling announcements and phoenetic feedback to the FlickType keyboard. Everything works as expected, and I am so pleased that disappearing text is a thing of the past--that is, text stopped vanishing for me in Build 105. I can also confirm that phoenetic feedback is inconsistent. I have inconsistently experienced two other problems which have not yet occurred in this build. One involved tap typing. I would write a word and be interrupted by FlickType suggestions. Actually, the problem just occurred now at 10:12 a.m. I was typing the sentence "I realized that" but instead of the word "that" FlickType interrupted me after I had typed two or three letters with a suggestion which was the word "in." I will turn off the spacebar and see if that helps. I think the other problem I have had has already been reported where I think I am about to type one letter in manual typing and actually type another.
On the positive side, it may just be me, but I feel that typing is much faster in this build.
Thank you.
Chanelle

On Jun 25, 2018, at 09:00, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Fixed spelling and phonetic feedback not working in the keyboard extension. Thanks to everyone who reported this.
- Tap typing will not interrupt existing speech, but it will cancel scheduled spelling announcements that have not yet begun. Thanks Macky! This also means that it will not interrupt the initial FlickType hint.

Chuck Dean

Personally, I prefer the cuntractions the way they are. This way, I can tell if the proper spelling has been used.
Perhaps a toggle can be implemented?
Chuck

On Jun 25, 2018, at 9:10 AM, Rocco Fiorentino <roccof466@...> wrote:

Hi Kasta,

This build is great. Just a couple things:

1. Is it possible to fix words like I'm and don't or won't, etc so they read correctly without the word broken up while typing? This worked in the old container app, but had never made it to the keyboard extension or the new container app.☺️
2. I love the spelling and phonetic feedback, however the phonetic feedback is so quick after the letter that it either feels rushed or when I’m searching for letters I only hear the phonetic feedback and not the actual letter because I guess I’m going too fast for the app. This should behave like it does normally in iOS.
Thanks so much,
Rocco
On Jun 25, 2018, at 11:00 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Fixed spelling and phonetic feedback not working in the keyboard extension. Thanks to everyone who reported this.
- Tap typing will not interrupt existing speech, but it will cancel scheduled spelling announcements that have not yet begun. Thanks Macky! This also means that it will not interrupt the initial FlickType hint.

David Nason

Yes the phonetic feedback is now working.
I'm actually finding the time between the letter and the phonetic announcement to be inconsistent, sometimes very fast, sometimes very slow.

Dave

On 25 Jun 2018, at 17:10, Rocco Fiorentino <roccof466@...> wrote:

[...]

Rocco Fiorentino