Topics

Build 95

Salman Haider
 

Hi Kosta
The app that I am specifically referring to is called Twitterrific. I really like their implementation of the Tip Jar feature because it allows for a monthly subscription as well as different amounts for one time contributions. As I said, it would allow people who want to continuously support the app and its development to be able to subscribe to such an option, as well as even allow those who want to make one time contributions every once in a while to do so.
Thanks,
Salman

On Jun 20, 2018, at 1:33 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

What is the app that has the tip jar feature, or what it the feature
itself called?

Kosta
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 5:25 PM Salman Haider
<salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

Thank you Kosta. I can confirm that the tip jar option is definitely allowed as I do use at least one app that has that feature. It gives great flexibility in terms of contribution. Whether it's a monthly, annual or a one time contribution. So definitely something that you guys can consider.
Thanks.

On Jun 19, 2018, at 7:33 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Benny, build 88 is the suspect one on our end as well. While we're investigating, a couple things you could also try are updating to iOS 11.4, and trying the latest build on a different device if you happen to have one.

Thank you Salman for the pricing feedback. We will need to look into tip jar options and if those are allowed by Apple.

Kosta





Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>
 

the envision AI app, gives people the option, to pay, with various subscriptions, or to make a one off purchase.
 

From: Chuck Dean
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 95
 
Hello,
I think the ninety nine cent a month subscription is more than reasonable, it would be a steady income stream for Kosta and Ashley, and can be cancelled by the consumer at any time in case of some unforseen problem, like what happened to Fleksy.
 
Personally, I am against a one time purchase price. This app is very complex compared to other apps and will need constant maintenance as iOS evolves, and if the developers are not receiving a steady flow of income, there is no incentive to continue to work on the app.
Chuck

On Jun 20, 2018, at 8:05 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

 
I would agree that having both monthly and annual options is a good idea. 
Of course both can be set and forget in the sense that you have auto renew.
 
Dave



On 20 Jun 2018, at 15:32, dlangley@... wrote:

What might be a bbetter thing to do to make people more comfortable with the subscription, is do the $9.99 for 1 year. This still gets regular money coming in (not that much) and people won't feel like they are being bogged down by yet one more monthly subscription. you want people to set it and forget it, not  think your competing with all the other subscriptions in life.  This stuff is difficult, as there are no right answers, and there's no solution that works for everyone. I will say, the basic trend I'm seeing is $1.99 a month, or $19.99 a year  and that seems to satisfy most people.  You know what you could do, set it at those prices, and offer fequent sales. 4th of july ssale? convention sale? laborday sale? This way, the people that want it now will pay $2 a month and if people are waiting for a bargain, they can get one, if they want to wait.  Keep doing what your doing. Your doing a great job

David Nason
 


I agree 100% with you chuck. 
 I do though think that a yearly option may appeal to some people. For example, $1 per month or $10 for the year. 
 
 Personally I'm on board whatever Kosta and Ashley decide to do. 
 
 Dave 
 


On 20 Jun 2018, at 16:57, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello, 
 I think the ninety nine cent a month subscription is more than reasonable, it would be a steady income stream for Kosta and Ashley, and can be cancelled by the consumer at any time in case of some unforseen problem, like what happened to Fleksy. 
 
 Personally, I am against a one time purchase price. This app is very complex compared to other apps and will need constant maintenance as iOS evolves, and if the developers are not receiving a steady flow of income, there is no incentive to continue to work on the app. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 20, 2018, at 8:05 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:


 I would agree that having both monthly and annual options is a good idea. 
 Of course both can be set and forget in the sense that you have auto renew. 
 
 Dave 
 


On 20 Jun 2018, at 15:32, dlangley@... wrote:

What might be a bbetter thing to do to make people more comfortable with the subscription, is do the $9.99 for 1 year. This still gets regular money coming in (not that much) and people won't feel like they are being bogged down by yet one more monthly subscription. you want people to set it and forget it, not  think your competing with all the other subscriptions in life.  This stuff is difficult, as there are no right answers, and there's no solution that works for everyone. I will say, the basic trend I'm seeing is $1.99 a month, or $19.99 a year  and that seems to satisfy most people.  You know what you could do, set it at those prices, and offer fequent sales. 4th of july ssale? convention sale? laborday sale? This way, the people that want it now will pay $2 a month and if people are waiting for a bargain, they can get one, if they want to wait.  Keep doing what your doing. Your doing a great job

Chuck Dean
 

Hello, 
 I think the ninety nine cent a month subscription is more than reasonable, it would be a steady income stream for Kosta and Ashley, and can be cancelled by the consumer at any time in case of some unforseen problem, like what happened to Fleksy. 
 
 Personally, I am against a one time purchase price. This app is very complex compared to other apps and will need constant maintenance as iOS evolves, and if the developers are not receiving a steady flow of income, there is no incentive to continue to work on the app. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 20, 2018, at 8:05 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:


 I would agree that having both monthly and annual options is a good idea. 
 Of course both can be set and forget in the sense that you have auto renew. 
 
 Dave 
 


On 20 Jun 2018, at 15:32, dlangley@... wrote:

What might be a bbetter thing to do to make people more comfortable with the subscription, is do the $9.99 for 1 year. This still gets regular money coming in (not that much) and people won't feel like they are being bogged down by yet one more monthly subscription. you want people to set it and forget it, not  think your competing with all the other subscriptions in life.  This stuff is difficult, as there are no right answers, and there's no solution that works for everyone. I will say, the basic trend I'm seeing is $1.99 a month, or $19.99 a year  and that seems to satisfy most people.  You know what you could do, set it at those prices, and offer fequent sales. 4th of july ssale? convention sale? laborday sale? This way, the people that want it now will pay $2 a month and if people are waiting for a bargain, they can get one, if they want to wait.  Keep doing what your doing. Your doing a great job

David Nason
 


 I would agree that having both monthly and annual options is a good idea. 
 Of course both can be set and forget in the sense that you have auto renew. 
 
 Dave 
 


On 20 Jun 2018, at 15:32, dlangley@... wrote:

What might be a bbetter thing to do to make people more comfortable with the subscription, is do the $9.99 for 1 year. This still gets regular money coming in (not that much) and people won't feel like they are being bogged down by yet one more monthly subscription. you want people to set it and forget it, not  think your competing with all the other subscriptions in life.  This stuff is difficult, as there are no right answers, and there's no solution that works for everyone. I will say, the basic trend I'm seeing is $1.99 a month, or $19.99 a year  and that seems to satisfy most people.  You know what you could do, set it at those prices, and offer fequent sales. 4th of july ssale? convention sale? laborday sale? This way, the people that want it now will pay $2 a month and if people are waiting for a bargain, they can get one, if they want to wait.  Keep doing what your doing. Your doing a great job

dlangley@...
 

What might be a bbetter thing to do to make people more comfortable with the subscription, is do the $9.99 for 1 year. This still gets regular money coming in (not that much) and people won't feel like they are being bogged down by yet one more monthly subscription. you want people to set it and forget it, not  think your competing with all the other subscriptions in life.  This stuff is difficult, as there are no right answers, and there's no solution that works for everyone. I will say, the basic trend I'm seeing is $1.99 a month, or $19.99 a year  and that seems to satisfy most people.  You know what you could do, set it at those prices, and offer fequent sales. 4th of july ssale? convention sale? laborday sale? This way, the people that want it now will pay $2 a month and if people are waiting for a bargain, they can get one, if they want to wait.  Keep doing what your doing. Your doing a great job

Macster
 

Apologies, I meant to type my previous post under build 97. 

Macky 


On 19 Jun 2018, at 17:00, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you all for the feedback. 

It seems that the act of updating a keyboard can sometimes make iOS behave unexpectedly and not always show the keyboard when it should. Perhaps rebooting any time you update or revert to a different build is a good habit to have. 

To support us while still testing, all you would have to do is download the app from the App Store at any time after we launch, and simply upgrade it. Then you can be using TestFlight builds while supporting us at the same time, smile.

Thank you!

Kosta  


On Jun 19, 2018, at 07:19, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hello, 
 I agree with Dave. I am also available to continue as a tester, but I would also like to be able to support the app. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 19, 2018, at 3:01 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

So far so good for me with the keyboard itself. 
Though the bug I reported previously after changing a capital letter to a lower case letter still persists. 
 Re the upgrade side of it, when I select the upgrade button in the app, it does now tell me that I am already subscribed. Of course though that does mean I cannot test the process for carrying out the upgrade. 
 
 If you continue to want / need us testing after the app store release, I will be more than happy to continue doing so. 
 I will be more than happy to pay though, so if doing this, you might consider including a tip jar or something. 
 
 Dave 
 


On 19 Jun 2018, at 10:05, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Well, I hope I explained it ok. As I type, everything is going ok. Sometimes it will move to start a new sentence with a capital letter while I'm in the middle of typing.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:59:49 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 95
 
Hi George,

I assume you meant to type "And it's now" instead of "And it's not"?

On your question about what happens after we launch on the App Store:
as long as you are running a build that was downloaded from
TestFlight, you will be fully upgraded automatically at no cost. The
upgrade does not apply if the app is downloaded from the App Store. To
maintain the free upgrade you will therefore need to be on a
TestFlight build. I remind you that App Store builds are no different
than TestFlight builds, and any build that was released to the App
Store will also be available on TestFlight for some time, to make sure
there's always a stable build you can revert to if needed.

- Kosta


On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:45 AM George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:
>
> Hi costa and Ashley. The  Full features of the paid version are  working. As I type, FlickType Will disappear while typing. And its not allowing me to complete a word, or sentence. Just a question on the in app purchase. When the full    screen keyboard is launched in  the App Store, and I download it will beta testers be      charged?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> George Cham
>
> ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
> Numbers 6:24-26
> Get Outlook for iOS
> ________________________________
> From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:32:42 PM
> To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
> Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 95
>
> - Set the actual launch price for the paid feature. We got you all worried there for a second, smile. Thank you for all your feedback on the pricing.
> - TestFlight users are now automatically upgraded to always have the full custom keyboard functionality.
> - Speculative fix for the crash that causes lost text. If the issue persists, please let us know what you were attempting to do at the precise moment the crash occurred, as well as the time that it occurred. Also a set of steps which reliably reproduce the issue would be incredibly helpful, as we have been unable to reproduce the issue so far.
>
> Thank you for testing!
>
> Warmly,
> Kosta & Ashley
>
>
>
>



Macster
 

Hi Kosta. 

I'm sorry to report I've just had a case of the text disappearing again literally 5 minutes ago. I was typing a text, not a particularly long one, and the text vanished when I double tapped and entered a capital D and swiped right. I presume there was a larger reason along the lines of the memory restriction issue you've mentioned other than the process I've detailed here. 

Macky 


On 19 Jun 2018, at 17:00, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you all for the feedback. 

It seems that the act of updating a keyboard can sometimes make iOS behave unexpectedly and not always show the keyboard when it should. Perhaps rebooting any time you update or revert to a different build is a good habit to have. 

To support us while still testing, all you would have to do is download the app from the App Store at any time after we launch, and simply upgrade it. Then you can be using TestFlight builds while supporting us at the same time, smile.

Thank you!

Kosta  


On Jun 19, 2018, at 07:19, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hello, 
 I agree with Dave. I am also available to continue as a tester, but I would also like to be able to support the app. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 19, 2018, at 3:01 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

So far so good for me with the keyboard itself. 
Though the bug I reported previously after changing a capital letter to a lower case letter still persists. 
 Re the upgrade side of it, when I select the upgrade button in the app, it does now tell me that I am already subscribed. Of course though that does mean I cannot test the process for carrying out the upgrade. 
 
 If you continue to want / need us testing after the app store release, I will be more than happy to continue doing so. 
 I will be more than happy to pay though, so if doing this, you might consider including a tip jar or something. 
 
 Dave 
 


On 19 Jun 2018, at 10:05, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Well, I hope I explained it ok. As I type, everything is going ok. Sometimes it will move to start a new sentence with a capital letter while I'm in the middle of typing.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:59:49 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 95
 
Hi George,

I assume you meant to type "And it's now" instead of "And it's not"?

On your question about what happens after we launch on the App Store:
as long as you are running a build that was downloaded from
TestFlight, you will be fully upgraded automatically at no cost. The
upgrade does not apply if the app is downloaded from the App Store. To
maintain the free upgrade you will therefore need to be on a
TestFlight build. I remind you that App Store builds are no different
than TestFlight builds, and any build that was released to the App
Store will also be available on TestFlight for some time, to make sure
there's always a stable build you can revert to if needed.

- Kosta


On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:45 AM George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:
>
> Hi costa and Ashley. The  Full features of the paid version are  working. As I type, FlickType Will disappear while typing. And its not allowing me to complete a word, or sentence. Just a question on the in app purchase. When the full    screen keyboard is launched in  the App Store, and I download it will beta testers be      charged?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> George Cham
>
> ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
> Numbers 6:24-26
> Get Outlook for iOS
> ________________________________
> From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:32:42 PM
> To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
> Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 95
>
> - Set the actual launch price for the paid feature. We got you all worried there for a second, smile. Thank you for all your feedback on the pricing.
> - TestFlight users are now automatically upgraded to always have the full custom keyboard functionality.
> - Speculative fix for the crash that causes lost text. If the issue persists, please let us know what you were attempting to do at the precise moment the crash occurred, as well as the time that it occurred. Also a set of steps which reliably reproduce the issue would be incredibly helpful, as we have been unable to reproduce the issue so far.
>
> Thank you for testing!
>
> Warmly,
> Kosta & Ashley
>
>
>
>



Ed Worrell
 

Hey kosta,

There are two apps that I use that include a "tip jar" feature.

Twitterific and Padometer++.

Ed

On Jun 19, 2018, at 10:33 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

What is the app that has the tip jar feature, or what it the feature
itself called?

Kosta
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 5:25 PM Salman Haider
<salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

Thank you Kosta. I can confirm that the tip jar option is definitely allowed as I do use at least one app that has that feature. It gives great flexibility in terms of contribution. Whether it's a monthly, annual or a one time contribution. So definitely something that you guys can consider.
Thanks.

On Jun 19, 2018, at 7:33 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Benny, build 88 is the suspect one on our end as well. While we're investigating, a couple things you could also try are updating to iOS 11.4, and trying the latest build on a different device if you happen to have one.

Thank you Salman for the pricing feedback. We will need to look into tip jar options and if those are allowed by Apple.

Kosta






 

What is the app that has the tip jar feature, or what it the feature
itself called?

Kosta
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 5:25 PM Salman Haider
<salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

Thank you Kosta. I can confirm that the tip jar option is definitely allowed as I do use at least one app that has that feature. It gives great flexibility in terms of contribution. Whether it's a monthly, annual or a one time contribution. So definitely something that you guys can consider.
Thanks.

On Jun 19, 2018, at 7:33 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Benny, build 88 is the suspect one on our end as well. While we're investigating, a couple things you could also try are updating to iOS 11.4, and trying the latest build on a different device if you happen to have one.

Thank you Salman for the pricing feedback. We will need to look into tip jar options and if those are allowed by Apple.

Kosta





Salman Haider
 

Thank you Kosta. I can confirm that the tip jar option is definitely allowed as I do use at least one app that has that feature. It gives great flexibility in terms of contribution. Whether it's a monthly, annual or a one time contribution. So definitely something that you guys can consider.
Thanks.

On Jun 19, 2018, at 7:33 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Benny, build 88 is the suspect one on our end as well. While we're investigating, a couple things you could also try are updating to iOS 11.4, and trying the latest build on a different device if you happen to have one.

Thank you Salman for the pricing feedback. We will need to look into tip jar options and if those are allowed by Apple.

Kosta

 

Thank you Benny, build 88 is the suspect one on our end as well. While we're investigating, a couple things you could also try are updating to iOS 11.4, and trying the latest build on a different device if you happen to have one.

Thank you Salman for the pricing feedback. We will need to look into tip jar options and if those are allowed by Apple.

Kosta

Benny Barber
 

Using a5S with iOS 11.3. Thanks.

On Jun 19, 2018, at 5:56 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks Benny, although I'm a little confused. You also mentioned that build 88 had the problem as well, so that would be the earliest build that had the issue?

- Kosta


Benny Barber
 

Kosta,
Sorry for the confusion. I'm getting myself confused as well. The problem definitely started in 88. Thanks.
Benny

On Jun 19, 2018, at 5:56 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks Benny, although I'm a little confused. You also mentioned that build 88 had the problem as well, so that would be the earliest build that had the issue?

- Kosta


Salman Haider
 

My preference personally would be to have a one time purchase option, along with the tip jar option to allow for contribution from those who wish to support it on a consistent level, as well as those who wish to do it but without having to commit to a monthly contribution. I think that would be a good solution as it would give everyone the opportunity to contribute however much and however regularly they want. Plus, the developers would continue to get the support that they need/deserve. Again, just my opinion.

On Jun 19, 2018, at 2:27 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

We will consider a one-off purchase option after we launch. On the sounds, there will definitely be an update that will at least offer the option to have sounds play on touch down, like in the classic app.

It should be evident that our normal feature development activity has slowed down significantly due to the purchasing structure that needs to be put in place. This has taken much longer than anticipated, but is a necessary step for the project to be successful and long-term. Also paid app reviews can be a long and tedious process, that is often slowed down by many things you wouldn't expect. Hopefully once the main structure is in place and the app has been approved by Apple, we can resume our regular rapid-fire schedule of feature updates for you all, smile.

Funny story: the last build we attempted to submit to the App Store got rejected for having a blank icon, with Apple telling us we need to have a more eye-catching graphic.

- Kosta

 

Thanks Benny, although I'm a little confused. You also mentioned that build 88 had the problem as well, so that would be the earliest build that had the issue?

- Kosta

 

Hi Benny, thanks for confirming. Could you please let us know if build 86 has the issue for you? We're trying to narrow it down between two successive builds that were released to alpha, so at from what you've reported it was either introduced with build 86, or build 88 if 86 does not have the issue. Also, what device and iOS version are you on? We might send a test build to you only as we are trying to figure this out.

- Kosta

Benny Barber
 

Kosta,
I meant to say that the flick problem was not in build 86. The problem started in build 95 and persists in 96. Thanks.
Benny

On Jun 19, 2018, at 2:31 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks.

Benny, could you please confirm if build 88 had the same issue? I know it’s a broken build that keeps popping us alerts, but if your issue happens very often, it should be easy to check and that would help a lot.

Kosta

On Jun 19, 2018, at 12:23, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Kosta,
This is the first build that I have had this flicking problem. Thanks.

On Jun 19, 2018, at 3:32 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Set the actual launch price for the paid feature. We got you all worried there for a second, smile. Thank you for all your feedback on the pricing.
- TestFlight users are now automatically upgraded to always have the full custom keyboard functionality.
- Speculative fix for the crash that causes lost text. If the issue persists, please let us know what you were attempting to do at the precise moment the crash occurred, as well as the time that it occurred. Also a set of steps which reliably reproduce the issue would be incredibly helpful, as we have been unable to reproduce the issue so far.

Thank you for testing!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley





Benny Barber
 

Kosta,
I went back to build 88 and the flick problem was their as well. It was definitely not their in 85. It persists in 96. Thanks.
Benny

On Jun 19, 2018, at 2:31 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks.

Benny, could you please confirm if build 88 had the same issue? I know it’s a broken build that keeps popping us alerts, but if your issue happens very often, it should be easy to check and that would help a lot.

Kosta

On Jun 19, 2018, at 12:23, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Kosta,
This is the first build that I have had this flicking problem. Thanks.

On Jun 19, 2018, at 3:32 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Set the actual launch price for the paid feature. We got you all worried there for a second, smile. Thank you for all your feedback on the pricing.
- TestFlight users are now automatically upgraded to always have the full custom keyboard functionality.
- Speculative fix for the crash that causes lost text. If the issue persists, please let us know what you were attempting to do at the precise moment the crash occurred, as well as the time that it occurred. Also a set of steps which reliably reproduce the issue would be incredibly helpful, as we have been unable to reproduce the issue so far.

Thank you for testing!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley





Paul Sutton
 

Hi chuck,
I am also now able to type faster then I have ever typed in my life on my iPhone. Its just that I like to have things in sink when I touch the screen. Therefore I really do notice the slight delay.
In the grand scheme of things, a slight delay of the clicks isn't going to prevent me from using the app its just a preference that I would prefer..
Regards, paul.

On 19 Jun 2018, at 19:20, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hi Paul,
I am surprised this is still an issue. FlickType has me typing so fast I no longer notice it.
Chuck

On Jun 19, 2018, at 11:00 AM, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...> wrote:

Hi, , all working well here. I just wondered if there may be an update on when the sounds will play on touch down rather than touch up?
Kind regards, paul
On 19 Jun 2018, at 09:32, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Set the actual launch price for the paid feature. We got you all worried there for a second, smile. Thank you for all your feedback on the pricing.
- TestFlight users are now automatically upgraded to always have the full custom keyboard functionality.
- Speculative fix for the crash that causes lost text. If the issue persists, please let us know what you were attempting to do at the precise moment the crash occurred, as well as the time that it occurred. Also a set of steps which reliably reproduce the issue would be incredibly helpful, as we have been unable to reproduce the issue so far.

Thank you for testing!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley