Topics

Build 88

Macster

Hi Kosta, Ashley and team.

I too have gone back to build 86 having noticed the login situation others have mentioned. I did notice however that I could still type manually on build 88, but was prevented from using FlickType in its natural form obviously. I tried to dismiss the keyboard and that was fine but I did have a few problems changing back to the iOS keyboard without the subscription enabled.

Regarding the subscription debate... First things first, as I've said on many occasions before, the work Kosta and Ashley have done in such a short space of time is phenomenal, I think everyone here agrees with that. The classic app is free and will always be there as a safety net regardless of people's choices when the system wide version is released which is great. Personally, I would rather a one off payment method for the full keyboard, with a secondary preference to a yearly subscription, followed by the monthly package. For example, I had a similar choice when looking at KNFB reader vs Prizmo Go, the first being expensive and the second being subscription based. I chose KNFB reader and to this day it's the most expensive app on my phone by some considerable distance, but I still use the free section of Prizmo Go for some tasks too. Its down to personal requirements and preference. I know none of us like it but our demographic is a smaller one and Kosta's programming skills are clearly high end and so we are lucky to have his and Ashley's complete focus for so long, and of course they have bills to pay as we all do. My largest concern is regarding the price point when it goes live and is discussed on AppleVis etc, as in the interview it was said that the new full version would cost less than the original Fleksy but subscribing for anything over 4 months will make it more than the original Fleksy, which might trigger some of the negativity that went on before which frankly got a bit out of hand. I hope I'm wrong on that as Kosta and Ashley certainly don't deserve that after all the hard work that's gone into this project. As a radio presenter I quickly learned that no matter what I do I can't please everyone and I feel this is a similar situation for K and A here but hopefully it can be discussed and worked out with understanding and dignity, and by that I mean the larger community and not anyone here. I hope that all makes sense.

Cheers to all,

Macky

On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:20, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

There's a lot of changes under the hood in this release, so please report any unexpected behavior at all. We are also introducing the paid subscription feature, which has turned out to be quite complex to implement. Thankfully you can help us test out the purchasing flow, including deleting the app and then restoring your purchases upon re-installing, all free of charge. TestFlight will never charge real money, it will only simulate purchasing. We'd also love to hear your thoughts on the instructions and overall experience that a new user would have.

What's new:
- Updated content in "Welcome" tab.
- Added new "Upgrade" tab.
- The custom keyboard will now work without "Full Access", but it won't be able to play sound effects and will only have minimal touch typing functionality without flick gestures or tap typing, since it can't confirm the subscription without a network connection.
- Increased maximum emoji shortcuts from 6 to 10.

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Sharon Kim

Oh also, one other question.
It says, that you increased emogy shortcuts from six to ten. but how
do I add new shortcuts?
Because on my end, even with the latest build, it only has the original ones.

On 6/16/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hello Sharon,
You can revert back to Build 86 by using the Test Flight app.
Chuck

On Jun 16, 2018, at 1:32 PM, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...>
wrote:

okay so I'm sorry if this has already been reported, but I'm sending
it, in case it hasn't.
Flicktype, is effectively broken since the latest build.
So I subscribe to flicktype, and it says the purchase was successful.
I go and I send a text. I lock my phone, and go away for a little bit.
When I try an use flicktype again, it says I'm not subscribed, and
won't let me use it.
Then, I have to go through the subscription thing all over again, just
to send one text.
This needs to be fixed, because I can no longer use flicktype due to
this.
Thank you, and have a lovely day.

On 6/16/18, Chanelle Allen <chanellem.allen@...> wrote:
Hello,
I am having the same problems that others are reporting. At first, I was
prompted for my password several times. Now, when I resubscribe, I am
asked
for my password once at the beginning, but the password field returns as
the
"You're all set" dialog appears. After canceling to dismiss, everything
is
ok until I receive the "FlickType not subscribed" message, which occurs
when
switching from FlickType to iOS and back again. Sometimes, I can make
two
keyboard switches before receiving the message. The restore feature does
not
recognize that I have previously purchased a subscription.
As with Build 86, text that I type is disappearing. It seems to occur
when
switching keyboards, reading back text--either by using FlickType or
VoiceOver, or when entering new lines. I was attempting to determine a
pattern or consistency to this disappearing text behavior before
reporting.
Does text disappearing have anything to do with toggling visual
announcement
off? I must remember to toggle visual announcement off every time I
switch
to the FlickType keyboard. In a future app release, could there be a
setting
to permanently disable visual announcements for those of us who don’t
need
them?
I think that I would also prefer a yearly FlickType subscription, but
the
monthly subscription gives people an opportunity to see how they like
FlickType and how much they would use it.
Thank you.
Chanelle

On Jun 16, 2018, at 02:20, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Chuck Dean

[...]

Chanelle Allen

[...]

Michael Maslo

Hello I also downgraded to the previous version. I kept getting the same issues as chuck. Everytime I put my password in it asked for it again and then I get the thank you message. As soon as I went back to the message application it said it was not registered or something like that. In the current state the keyboard is unusable.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 13:23, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

Exactly what I experienced. Up until the reverted back to version eighty six part.
Salman

On Jun 16, 2018, at 1:59 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Build 88
Hello,
I also had a lot of problems entering my password. I had to do it twice, and after it said I was successful, it asked for my password again. I hit cancel and then it said, thank you for supporting FlickType.

Once I started typing everything seemed ok, but after I dismissed the keyboard and then went back to type, it asked for my password again. I reverted to build 86 and went back to finish the email, but all of my text was gone.

I started a new email using build 86 and when I moved the cursor back to enter a line of text before the last line I typed, the text I typed last disappeared.

I am using FlickType classic to type this email.
Chuck

Salman Haider

I personally do not subscribe to any service that has some sort of a subscription model. So I simply don't use such a service. Unless it just can't be helped. So far, I do not have any such situations, app wise..
 This is strictly what I do. I just don't prefer subscriptions of any sort.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 12:12 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Out of curiosity, for those who do not want a monthly charge, how do you get past it? So many services only offer a monthly fee and not a one time fee. I wish there was a way to avoid it but I understand the need for a monthly or annual fee. I like a monthly charge at least I can cancel it if I do not like the service. If I use a annual charge all at once, I am stuck with something I may not like.

Sincerely,, mike

On Jun 16, 2018 at 10:22, <Salman Haider> wrote:

I personally would strongly prefer a one time purchase myself. I

absolutely do not like monthly subscriptions, or, any continuously
billing subscriptions for that matter and do not even have a single
one till this day for any service or app.
I would just rather pay for it outright.
I am very hopeful that this will be offered as an option. Any apps
that I have on my phone, have been able to give me that option, and I
sure hope that you guys can do the same.

Thanks,

Salman

On 6/16/18, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
> Just a quick note to warn you that if you delete the app to reinstall it,
> you will lose your dictionary unless you also keep the FlickType Classic
> app around.
>
> Will review all your feedback tomorrow.
>
> - Kosta
>

> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:48 AM David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kosta and Ashley,
>>
>> I am writing to you using build 88 so it does work anyway☺️
>>
>> However the process of doing the upgrade was less than smooth.
>>
>> I pressed the upgrade button.
>> It brought up a dialogue box for me to enter my apple ID and password.
>> Any reason why I can't use Face ID for this?
>> It seemed to fail the first time and brought the box up again. Maybe I
>> had typed my password incorrectly, but I didn't think so.
>> It then did give me dialogue boxes thanking me and confirming I had
>> successfully upgraded. But there were two or three of these, where I
>> think
>> one would be plenty.
>> It then brought up the apple ID and password dialog box again for some
>> reason. I just pressed cancel this time though, and the keyboard is
>> working.
>> After completing this process, there is no indication in the app that I
>> am now subscribed, and the upgrade button is still there. I might expect
>> an
>> indication that I am already subscribed if possible, though it is at
>> least
>> confirm this if I press the upgrade button. However I then get an
>> "upgrade
>> failed" error message.
>> The first time I went back into the FlickType app after typing most of
>> this email, it gave me the thank you dialog box yet again, though this
>> behaviour does not appear to be repeating again every time.
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:24, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Koster and Ashley,
>> First off I would prefer to see a subscription in a yearly format.
>> Secondly I have tried to use FlickType to reply to this message but all
>> I’m getting is not subscribed when I launch the full screen keyboard and
>> can’t type anything.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> George Cham
>>
>> ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be
>> gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
>> Numbers 6:24-26
>> Get Outlook <https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
>> ------------------------------

David Nason

Yeah build 86 is working fine for me too, only 88 was causing any problems.

On 16 Jun 2018, at 19:23, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

[...]

Matthew Janusauskas

I am experiencing the same problems with the in-app purchase flow. Multiple repeated password prompts, and the purchase status seems to have been lost on two devices.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 12:59 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello,.
This build is very buggy because of the in app purchase. I an torn between a subscription model and a traditional single in app purchase. I understand the subscription idea. It can't be cheap to continue development without income flowing in..
I actually reverted back to build 86 as the subscription dialog would never go away. It made be sign in way to often to work.

I can't say much more as I gave up on the current build as it was basicly unusable.

Ed

On 6/16/18, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:
> [...]

>> failed" error message.
>> The first time I went back into the FlickType app after typing most of
>> this email, it gave me the thank you dialog box yet again, though this
>> behaviour does not appear to be repeating again every time.
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:24, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Koster and Ashley,
>> First off I would prefer to see a subscription in a yearly format.
>> Secondly I have tried to use FlickType to reply to this message but all
>> I’m getting is not subscribed when I launch the full screen keyboard and
>> can’t type anything.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> George Cham
>>
>> ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be
>> gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’

Salman Haider

[...]

MariaRosa Chapman

I personally would prefer a one off purchase, or a choice. However I do love this app, so will pay for it whatever is decided.

Maria

On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:01 pm, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

I doubt that is possible to have options for one-off and subscription in the same app. I think it is possible to have monthly and annual options though.
 With a limited target market, the one off charge may not be sustainable for developers. But anyway that's for Kosta and Ashley to decide I guess.

Davee

On 16 Jun 2018, at 12:57, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

How about a one off in app purchase. So if the   user deletes and installs the app again , they can do a restore  purchase. Also I've gone back to built 86 on the I pad. Because it kept unsubscribing me.