Topics

Build 88

There's a lot of changes under the hood in this release, so please report any unexpected behavior at all. We are also introducing the paid subscription feature, which has turned out to be quite complex to implement. Thankfully you can help us test out the purchasing flow, including deleting the app and then restoring your purchases upon re-installing, all free of charge. TestFlight will never charge real money, it will only simulate purchasing. We'd also love to hear your thoughts on the instructions and overall experience that a new user would have.

What's new:
- Updated content in "Welcome" tab.
- Added new "Upgrade" tab.
- The custom keyboard will now work without "Full Access", but it won't be able to play sound effects and will only have minimal touch typing functionality without flick gestures or tap typing, since it can't confirm the subscription without a network connection.
- Increased maximum emoji shortcuts from 6 to 10.

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

George Cham

Hi Koster and Ashley,
First off I would prefer to see a  subscription in a yearly format.
Secondly I have tried to use FlickType to reply to this message but all I’m getting is not subscribed when I launch the full screen  keyboard and I can’t type anything.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:20:25 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 88

There's a lot of changes under the hood in this release, so please report any unexpected behavior at all. We are also introducing the paid subscription feature, which has turned out to be quite complex to implement. Thankfully you can help us test out the purchasing flow, including deleting the app and then restoring your purchases upon re-installing, all free of charge. TestFlight will never charge real money, it will only simulate purchasing. We'd also love to hear your thoughts on the instructions and overall experience that a new user would have.

What's new:
- The custom keyboard will now work without "Full Access", but it won't be able to play sound effects and will only have minimal touch typing functionality without flick gestures or tap typing, since it can't confirm the subscription without a network connection.

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Thank you George. Did you first go through the purchasing flow like a
regular user would? You won't be charged if you do.

- Kosta

George Cham

Okay, I can get Flick Type to work if I manually type letters But  the   FlickType gesture it’s not working. I have deleted and re-installed the app but still getting the same not subscribe.
Furthermore I tried the upgrade feature of got an error message from the iTunes Store. This could be because it’s only in alpha .

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of George Cham <George.cham@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:24:59 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io; alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 88

Hi Koster and Ashley,
Secondly I have tried to use FlickType to reply to this message but all I’m getting is not subscribed when I launch the full screen  keyboard and I can’t type anything.

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

David Nason

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

I am writing to you using build 88 so it does work anyway☺️ 

However the process of doing the upgrade was less than smooth. 

I pressed the upgrade button. 
 It brought up a dialogue box for me to enter my apple ID and password. Any reason why I can't use Face ID for this? 
 It seemed to fail the first time and brought the box up again. Maybe I had typed my password incorrectly, but I didn't think so. 
 It then did give me dialogue boxes thanking me and confirming I had successfully upgraded. But there were two or three of these, where I think one would be plenty. 
 It then brought up the apple ID and password dialog box again for some reason. I just pressed cancel this time though, and the keyboard is working. 
 After completing this process, there is no indication in the app that I am now subscribed, and the upgrade button is still there. I might expect an indication that I am already subscribed if possible, though it is at least confirm this if I press the upgrade button. However I then get an "upgrade failed" error message. 
The first time I went back into the FlickType app after typing most of this email, it gave me the thank you dialog box yet again, though this behaviour does not appear to be repeating again every time. 

Dave 

On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:24, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Paul Sutton

Hi, after activating the subscription, it doesn't seem to work in the mail app but does work in the messaging app.
Regards, paul.

On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:20, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Just a quick note to warn you that if you delete the app to reinstall it, you will lose your dictionary unless you also keep the FlickType Classic app around.

Will review all your feedback tomorrow.

- Kosta

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:48 AM David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:
Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

It brought up a dialogue box for me to enter my apple ID and password. Any reason why I can't use Face ID for this? 
 It seemed to fail the first time and brought the box up again. Maybe I had typed my password incorrectly, but I didn't think so. 
 It then did give me dialogue boxes thanking me and confirming I had successfully upgraded. But there were two or three of these, where I think one would be plenty. 
 It then brought up the apple ID and password dialog box again for some reason. I just pressed cancel this time though, and the keyboard is working. 
 After completing this process, there is no indication in the app that I am now subscribed, and the upgrade button is still there. I might expect an indication that I am already subscribed if possible, though it is at least confirm this if I press the upgrade button. However I then get an "upgrade failed" error message. 
The first time I went back into the FlickType app after typing most of this email, it gave me the thank you dialog box yet again, though this behaviour does not appear to be repeating again every time. 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

George Cham

Ok, the not subscribe message is gone. I successfully did the upgrade. However I was asked to enter my password several times. Will I need to do the upgrade on I phone?

Kind Regards,

George Cham

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of David Nason <dnason@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:48:47 PM

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

David Nason

Ok I came back to it an hour later and now I'm getting the "not subscribed" message ☹️

Dave

On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:59, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Ok, the not subscribe message is gone. I successfully did the upgrade. However I was asked to enter my password several times. Will I need to do the upgrade on I phone?

Kind Regards,

George Cham

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of David Nason <dnason@...>

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

David Nason

Follow up: 
 I then went back into the FlickType app where a dialog box told me I was subscribed. But the keyboard was still not working. 
 So I went back again. This time I pressed the restore button, but was told I have not got an active subscription. 
 So I pressed the upgrade button and had to go through that process again. Once again I was met with several dialog boxes and was asked for my Apple ID twice. 

It is now working again, but will be interesting to see if it sticks this time or not. 

Dave 

On 16 Jun 2018, at 11:43, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Ok I came back to it an hour later and now I'm getting the "not subscribed" message ☹️

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

David Nason

Ok I've had to revert back to build 86 because it kept unsubscribing me over and over again. 

Dave 

On 16 Jun 2018, at 12:01, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Follow up: 
 I then went back into the FlickType app where a dialog box told me I was subscribed. But the keyboard was still not working. 
 So I went back again. This time I pressed the restore button, but was told I have not got an active subscription. 
 So I pressed the upgrade button and had to go through that process again. Once again I was met with several dialog boxes and was asked for my Apple ID twice. 

It is now working again, but will be interesting to see if it sticks this time or not. 

Dave 

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

George Cham

I’m having the same problem on the iPhone. My question is when it comes out in the App Store, do I have to pay the monthly subscription if I download the App Store version? Because I don’t like the idea of a monthly subscription fee

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:38:49 PM

Ok I've had to revert back to build 86 because it kept unsubscribing me over and over again. 

Dave 

Follow up: 

Dave 

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

David Nason

What would you suggest instead of the monthly subscription? 
 I prefer one off charges myself, but I would imagine its harder to do that and keep it sustainable. Hard to know. 
 I would pay the monthly sub though. 

Dave 

On 16 Jun 2018, at 12:40, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I’m having the same problem on the iPhone. My question is when it comes out in the App Store, do I have to pay the monthly subscription if I download the App Store version? Because I don’t like the idea of a monthly subscription fee

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave 

Follow up: 

Dave 

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>

Hi, I also don’t like subscriptions.

I prefer, to purchase the app out right, with one payment.

Maybe, we could be given the choice, to purchase out right, or to pay by subscription?

Dave.

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 12:40 PM

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Follow up:

Dave

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave

Hi Koster and Ashley,
First off I would prefer to see a  subscription in a yearly format.
Secondly I have tried to use FlickType to reply to this message but all I’m getting is not subscribed when I launch the full screen  keyboard and I can’t type anything.

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

George Cham

How about a one off in app purchase. So if the   user deletes and installs the app again , they can do a restore  purchase. Also I've gone back to built 86 on the I pad. Because it kept unsubscribing me.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:48:32 PM

I prefer one off charges myself, but I would imagine its harder to do that and keep it sustainable. Hard to know. 

Dave 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave 

Follow up: 

Dave 

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Michael Maslo

I personally have no issues with a monthly subscription. I have many already. I see no big deal with it. I have for my music, Amazon, hulu, etc. Now I will say that typing is not as accurate. Also every time I go and use flick type I need to go to the app and upgrade my purchase. So far that is the only bud I have encountered. 

On Jun 16, 2018, at 06:53, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...> wrote:

Hi, I also don’t like subscriptions.

I prefer, to purchase the app out right, with one payment.

Maybe, we could be given the choice, to purchase out right, or to pay by subscription?

Dave.

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 12:40 PM

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Follow up:

Dave

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave

Hi Koster and Ashley,
First off I would prefer to see a  subscription in a yearly format.
Secondly I have tried to use FlickType to reply to this message but all I’m getting is not subscribed when I launch the full screen  keyboard and I can’t type anything.

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

David Nason

I doubt that is possible to have options for one-off and subscription in the same app. I think it is possible to have monthly and annual options though. 
 With a limited target market, the one off charge may not be sustainable for developers. But anyway that's for Kosta and Ashley to decide I guess.

Davee 

On 16 Jun 2018, at 12:57, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

How about a one off in app purchase. So if the   user deletes and installs the app again , they can do a restore  purchase. Also I've gone back to built 86 on the I pad. Because it kept unsubscribing me.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:48:32 PM

Dave 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave 

Follow up: 

Dave 

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

MariaRosa Chapman

I personally would prefer a one off purchase, or a choice. However I do love this app, so will pay for it whatever is decided.

Maria

On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:01 pm, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

I doubt that is possible to have options for one-off and subscription in the same app. I think it is possible to have monthly and annual options though. 
 With a limited target market, the one off charge may not be sustainable for developers. But anyway that's for Kosta and Ashley to decide I guess.

Davee 

On 16 Jun 2018, at 12:57, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Kind Regards,

George Cham

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of David Nason <dnason@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:48:32 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 88

Dave 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of David Nason <dnason@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:38:49 PM

Dave 

Follow up: 

Dave 

Dave

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:48:47 PM

Hi Kosta and Ashley, 

Dave 

Hi Koster and Ashley,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:20:25 PM
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 88

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Salman Haider

I personally would strongly prefer a one time purchase myself. I
absolutely do not like monthly subscriptions, or, any continuously
billing subscriptions for that matter and do not even have a single
one till this day for any service or app.
I would just rather pay for it outright.
I am very hopeful that this will be offered as an option. Any apps
that I have on my phone, have been able to give me that option, and I
sure hope that you guys can do the same.

Thanks,

Salman

On 6/16/18, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:
Just a quick note to warn you that if you delete the app to reinstall it,
you will lose your dictionary unless you also keep the FlickType Classic
app around.

Will review all your feedback tomorrow.

- Kosta

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:48 AM David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

It brought up a dialogue box for me to enter my apple ID and password.
Any reason why I can't use Face ID for this?
It seemed to fail the first time and brought the box up again. Maybe I
had typed my password incorrectly, but I didn't think so.
It then did give me dialogue boxes thanking me and confirming I had
successfully upgraded. But there were two or three of these, where I
think
one would be plenty.
It then brought up the apple ID and password dialog box again for some
reason. I just pressed cancel this time though, and the keyboard is
working.
After completing this process, there is no indication in the app that I
am now subscribed, and the upgrade button is still there. I might expect
an
indication that I am already subscribed if possible, though it is at
least
confirm this if I press the upgrade button. However I then get an
"upgrade
failed" error message.
The first time I went back into the FlickType app after typing most of
this email, it gave me the thank you dialog box yet again, though this
behaviour does not appear to be repeating again every time.

Dave

Hi Koster and Ashley,
First off I would prefer to see a subscription in a yearly format.
Secondly I have tried to use FlickType to reply to this message but all
I’m getting is not subscribed when I launch the full screen keyboard and
I
can’t type anything.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be
gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook <https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
------------------------------
*From:* alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf
of FlickType <@FlickType>
*Sent:* Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:20:25 PM
*To:* alpha@flicktype.groups.io
*Subject:* [FlickType-alpha] Build 88

There's a lot of changes under the hood in this release, so please report
any unexpected behavior at all. We are also introducing the paid
subscription feature, which has turned out to be quite complex to
implement. Thankfully you can help us test out the purchasing flow,
including deleting the app and then restoring your purchases upon
re-installing, all free of charge. TestFlight will never charge real
money,
it will only simulate purchasing. We'd also love to hear your thoughts on
the instructions and overall experience that a new user would have.

What's new:
- The custom keyboard will now work without "Full Access", but it won't
be
able to play sound effects and will only have minimal touch typing
functionality without flick gestures or tap typing, since it can't
confirm
the subscription without a network connection.

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Michael Maslo

Out of curiosity, for those who do not want a monthly charge, how do you get past it? So many services only offer a monthly fee and not a one time fee. I wish there was a way to avoid it but I understand the need for a monthly or annual fee. I like a monthly charge at least I can cancel it if I do not like the service. If I use a annual charge all at once, I am stuck with something I may not like. 

Sincerely,, mike 

On Jun 16, 2018 at 10:22, <Salman Haider> wrote:

I personally would strongly prefer a one time purchase myself. I

absolutely do not like monthly subscriptions, or, any continuously
billing subscriptions for that matter and do not even have a single
one till this day for any service or app.
I would just rather pay for it outright.
I am very hopeful that this will be offered as an option. Any apps
that I have on my phone, have been able to give me that option, and I
sure hope that you guys can do the same.

Thanks,

Salman

On 6/16/18, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
> Just a quick note to warn you that if you delete the app to reinstall it,
> you will lose your dictionary unless you also keep the FlickType Classic
> app around.
>
> Will review all your feedback tomorrow.
>
> - Kosta
>
>
>
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:48 AM David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kosta and Ashley,
>>
>> I am writing to you using build 88 so it does work anyway☺️
>>
>> However the process of doing the upgrade was less than smooth.
>>
>> I pressed the upgrade button.
>> It brought up a dialogue box for me to enter my apple ID and password.
>> Any reason why I can't use Face ID for this?
>> It seemed to fail the first time and brought the box up again. Maybe I
>> had typed my password incorrectly, but I didn't think so.
>> It then did give me dialogue boxes thanking me and confirming I had
>> successfully upgraded. But there were two or three of these, where I
>> think
>> one would be plenty.
>> It then brought up the apple ID and password dialog box again for some
>> reason. I just pressed cancel this time though, and the keyboard is
>> working.
>> After completing this process, there is no indication in the app that I
>> am now subscribed, and the upgrade button is still there. I might expect
>> an
>> indication that I am already subscribed if possible, though it is at
>> least
>> confirm this if I press the upgrade button. However I then get an
>> "upgrade
>> failed" error message.
>> The first time I went back into the FlickType app after typing most of
>> this email, it gave me the thank you dialog box yet again, though this
>> behaviour does not appear to be repeating again every time.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>>
>>
>> On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:24, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Koster and Ashley,
>> First off I would prefer to see a subscription in a yearly format.
>> Secondly I have tried to use FlickType to reply to this message but all
>> I’m getting is not subscribed when I launch the full screen keyboard and
>> I
>> can’t type anything.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> George Cham
>>
>> ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be
>> gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
>> Numbers 6:24-26
>> Get Outlook <https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
>> ------------------------------
>> *From:* alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf
>> of FlickType <hello@...>
>> *Sent:* Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:20:25 PM
>> *To:* alpha@flicktype.groups.io
>> *Subject:* [FlickType-alpha] Build 88
>>
>> There's a lot of changes under the hood in this release, so please report
>> any unexpected behavior at all. We are also introducing the paid
>> subscription feature, which has turned out to be quite complex to
>> implement. Thankfully you can help us test out the purchasing flow,
>> including deleting the app and then restoring your purchases upon
>> re-installing, all free of charge. TestFlight will never charge real
>> money,
>> it will only simulate purchasing. We'd also love to hear your thoughts on
>> the instructions and overall experience that a new user would have.
>>
>> What's new:
>> - Updated content in "Welcome" tab.
>> - Added new "Upgrade" tab.
>> - The custom keyboard will now work without "Full Access", but it won't
>> be
>> able to play sound effects and will only have minimal touch typing
>> functionality without flick gestures or tap typing, since it can't
>> confirm
>> the subscription without a network connection.
>> - Increased maximum emoji shortcuts from 6 to 10.
>>
>> Warmly,
>> Kosta & Ashley
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>