Topics

Build 75 minor disappearinh text bug

Thank you David.

I did notice that sometime ago and it had since slipped my mind. We won't spend time on fixing this now, but if there's more reports of it we'll prioritize it accordingly. Thank you for the report.

On the issue of unwanted spaces, there are a lot of different situations and edge cases,. We can't simply not add spaces in the case of quotation marks, for example, because you do want a space after the closing mark, and it's not trivial to accurately guess if a mark is opening or closing the quotation. Anyone who experiences similar issues, please let us know here in the group so we can eventually get a good sense of what the most common problematic cases are with unwanted spaces, and we'll address the most common ones soon.

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

I've just discovered a disappearing text bug in build 75, though it's not particularly serious.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Ensure that " shake to undo " is switched on in settings. It can be found under General >Accessibility.
2. Open a text field and start typing using the FlickType custom keyboard.
3. Shake the phone to bring up the undo option.
4. Even if you select Cancel, the text you typed since most recently opening FlickType will be deleted.

Clearly not a deal breaker but I do occasionally envoke the shake to undo by accident.

Dave

PS. Above you can again see the issues with spaces with when using punctuation like quotes and brackets.