Topics

Build 75

Ed Worrell

Hello Kosta,

That’s great to hear. Congrats on getting the build out to the rest of the testers. I hope that they are as happy with the first fully functioning build as I am. Words being manually entered to the keyboard seems like a great option. Will there be any way to remove words in the future? I know you can manually type the word in the app and then swipe up to remove it. Will we have a list of words that we can simply just remove a unwanted word? I am really enjoying the current build. I do have two requests and I believe that you have replied, but I am not sure:

1. Phonetics when manually typing a word.

2. The use of the return key as a jump to the next field in the mail program.

3. Use of the return key for search fields.

4. Quick delete function. I am really missing this feature from the original Fleksy app.

5. The ability to jump to the top or bottom of a text field. I know that we can navigate by lines. This would be nice as you can do this with the default VoiceOver commands. This is as simple as double tapping in the text field to jump to the top or bottom when using the default keyboard.

I know that I have mentioned these before. This list is arranged in the most important to the least important for me.

Other than these few things the keyboard is great.

Ed Worrell

On May 30, 2018, at 10:13 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Maria.

David, adding words to the dictionary will most likely be automatic and there will also be a way to view and edit all your custom entries from the main app.

FYI, build 75 was just released to the beta group, thank you all for helping us get a good release out the door! 😁

Thanks Kosta.
One other question. In the app you can manually type the first letter of a word and capitalize it, then use flick typing to type out the rest of the word.
Will this be added to the custom keyboard?

Right now if I want to type "Apple" rather than "apple" for example, if I type a capital A, then attempt to tap out the rest, I get A poor

Another issue with spaces by the way too, though you probably already know...
Above, I typed Apple manually, and apple with taps. With the latter, FlickType inserted spaces after the first quotation mark, and before the second quotation mark. But it correctly did not do so with the manually entered word.

Dave

On 30 May 2018, at 17:13, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Maria.

David, adding words to the dictionary will most likely be automatic and there will also be a way to view and edit all your custom entries from the main app.

FYI, build 75 was just released to the beta group, thank you all for helping us get a good release out the door! 😁

Kosta

Thank you Maria.

David, adding words to the dictionary will most likely be automatic and there will also be a way to view and edit all your custom entries from the main app.

FYI, build 75 was just released to the beta group, thank you all for helping us get a good release out the door! 😁

By the way Kosta. Do you plan to add a way to add words to the dictionary in the custom keyboard?
Or is this likely to be an automatic process if you manually type a new word?

Dave

On 30 May 2018, at 09:17, Maria and Joe Chapman <bubbygirl1972@...> wrote:

HI.
Just fixing the subject line.
Maria

On 30 May 2018, at 6:08 pm, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Thanks for that fix Kosta. I too can confirm that I'm no longer getting those pesky spaces in manually typed words where I've deleted a letter.
I would also echo the point about deleting new lines. If you put a new line in, then change your mind and swipe left to delete it, instead of deleting just the new line, it deletes the last thing you typed, usually a punctuation mark, on the previous line.

I'm really getting to like the 3D touch for capital letters. I had forgotten about the app switcher gesture on the left as I am on an iPhone X. But as you say, you don't necessarily have to hard press on the letter you want, you can do that first, then slide to the desired letter.

Dave
On 30 May 2018, at 07:06, Macster <@Macster> wrote:

Macky

MariaRosa Chapman