Topics

Repeating text solution?

Chuck Dean

Hello Kosta,
I have been trying different apps and shutting down and returning to text etc. In the three apps I have been having the repeated text problems... Notes, journal, and mail.

I have not had any repeated text in any app as long as I go to the iOS keyboard, instead of dismissing FlickType. My uneducated conclusion is that the dismiss function is the culprit.

Btw, no text has vanished during the time of these tests. Could the dismiss also be the cause of that problem too?

I don't think so.
I had it when switching to the iOS keyboard. I at one point thought the return key was the culprit, but not sure.

This is my first use of build 73.

Dave

On 28 May 2018, at 00:13, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta,
I have been trying different apps and shutting down and returning to text etc. In the three apps I have been having the repeated text problems... Notes, journal, and mail.

I have not had any repeated text in any app as long as I go to the iOS keyboard, instead of dismissing FlickType. My uneducated conclusion is that the dismiss function is the culprit.

Btw, no text has vanished during the time of these tests. Could the dismiss also be the cause of that problem too?

I don't think it's the return key... I have never used it.

I have had build 73 running for a couple of hours. I haven't had any repeated text but I did have all my text disappear once in the notes app.

I tried to get the text to repeat while going to the iOS keyboard but could not. While dismissing, it happened often.

I'm sure Kosta will figure it out.

Chuck

On May 27, 2018, at 11:10 PM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

I don't think so.
I had it when switching to the iOS keyboard. I at one point thought the return key was the culprit, but not sure.

This is my first use of build 73.

Dave
On 28 May 2018, at 00:13, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta,
I have been trying different apps and shutting down and returning to text etc. In the three apps I have been having the repeated text problems... Notes, journal, and mail.

I have not had any repeated text in any app as long as I go to the iOS keyboard, instead of dismissing FlickType. My uneducated conclusion is that the dismiss function is the culprit.

Btw, no text has vanished during the time of these tests. Could the dismiss also be the cause of that problem too?

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

When you say, quote: "I tried to get the text to repeat while going to the iOS keyboard but could not. While dismissing, it happened often." Do you mean it happened often even with build 73?

Sorry I was not clear. No, I have had no repeated text with build 73

Chuck

On May 27, 2018, at 11:25 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

When you say, quote: "I tried to get the text to repeat while going to the iOS keyboard but could not. While dismissing, it happened often." Do you mean it happened often even with build 73?

- Kosta