Topics

Build 71

- Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
- Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
- Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
- Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
- Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
- Flick right and hold for new line / return.
- Three finger tap and hold to read back.

Chuck Dean

Hello, so far, so good.
I like the new line gesture and the emoji😎
I notice that if I leave notes after typing with FlickType, and then return, I am still getting text repeated.

Is it my imagination or is this keyboard faster than before?

Chuck

On May 24, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
- Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
- Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
- Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
- Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
- Flick right and hold for new line / return.
- Three finger tap and hold to read back.

Chuck Dean

O oops, that was weird. I tried to enter an emoji, the screen flashed and all my text disappeared, but I haven't been able to duplicate it.

Chuck

On May 24, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
- Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
- Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
- Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
- Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
- Flick right and hold for new line / return.
- Three finger tap and hold to read back.

George Cham

I’m having trubbel dismissingthe keyboard

 I like the new line gesture and the emoji😎
 I notice that if I leave notes after typing with FlickType, and then return, I am still getting text repeated.

 Is it my imagination or is this keyboard faster than before?

Chuck

> On May 24, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> - Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
> - Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
> - Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
> - Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
> - Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
> - Flick right and hold for new line / return.
> - Three finger tap and hold to read back.

Michael Maslo

Go hi list,

 I really like this keyboard. It is a great upgrade. I think it is so good. The only bud I see is when I type and on the iPhone x and I hit switch keyboards, everything I type is erased. Once I listened and followed the instructions, I do not switch keyboards now at all. I really like the emotes. Gray update. Keep up the awesome job.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 24, 2018 at 19:57, <Chuck Dean> wrote:

Hello, so far, so good.
I like the new line gesture and the emoji😎
I notice that if I leave notes after typing with FlickType, and then return, I am still getting text repeated.

Is it my imagination or is this keyboard faster than before?

Chuck

> On May 24, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> - Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
> - Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
> - Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
> - Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
> - Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
> - Flick right and hold for new line / return.
> - Three finger tap and hold to read back.

Chuck Dean

 Hi George,

 after typing flick down and hold to dismiss the keyboard: to change keyboards, flick UP and hold.

 Its working well here.

Chuck

On May 24, 2018, at 6:05 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I’m having trubbel dismissingthe keyboard

 I like the new line gesture and the emoji😎
 I notice that if I leave notes after typing with FlickType, and then return, I am still getting text repeated.

 Is it my imagination or is this keyboard faster than before?

Chuck

> On May 24, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> - Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
> - Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
> - Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
> - Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
> - Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
> - Flick right and hold for new line / return.
> - Three finger tap and hold to read back.

Michael Maslo

I sometimes have trouble getting the EMOT es. What is the gesture to get the mote s.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 24, 2018 at 20:05, <George Cham> wrote:

I’m having trubbel dismissingthe keyboard

 I like the new line gesture and the emoji😎
 I notice that if I leave notes after typing with FlickType, and then return, I am still getting text repeated.

 Is it my imagination or is this keyboard faster than before?

Chuck

> On May 24, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> - Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
> - Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
> - Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
> - Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
> - Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
> - Flick right and hold for new line / return.
> - Three finger tap and hold to read back.

George Cham

Ok, got it. How do I get the faces?

 I like the new line gesture and the emoji😎
 I notice that if I leave notes after typing with FlickType, and then return, I am still getting text repeated.

 Is it my imagination or is this keyboard faster than before?

Chuck

> On May 24, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> - Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
> - Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
> - Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
> - Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
> - Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
> - Flick right and hold for new line / return.
> - Three finger tap and hold to read back.

Chuck Dean

 Its just like entering a comma, but instead of flicking down after the period; flick up.😎
 its easy once you get the hang of it.👍

Chuck

On May 24, 2018, at 6:15 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

I sometimes have trouble getting the EMOT es. What is the gesture to get the mote s.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 24, 2018 at 20:05, <George Cham> wrote:

I’m having trubbel dismissingthe keyboard

 I like the new line gesture and the emoji😎
 I notice that if I leave notes after typing with FlickType, and then return, I am still getting text repeated.

 Is it my imagination or is this keyboard faster than before?

Chuck

> On May 24, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> - Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
> - Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
> - Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
> - Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
> - Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
> - Flick right and hold for new line / return.
> - Three finger tap and hold to read back.

Sharon Kim

hello all,
Okay so the flicking up to dismiss is no good!!!
It keeps entering my control panel thing, where it has airplane mode
and all that.
We had a problem with that sort of gesture when we originally tested
the app. that persists here as well.
I would suggest changing that particular gesture. I haven't tested
this one thoroughly yet, to offer any other feedback.
I'm sure you all shall hear from me soon.
thank you, and have a lovely day.

wrote:

I sometimes have trouble getting the EMOT es. What is the gesture to get
the mote s.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 24, 2018 at 20:05, <George Cham> wrote:

I’m having trubbel dismissingthe keyboard

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be
gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his
peace.’
[...]

Ok will test it now.👍

Okay so the flicking up to dismiss is no good!!!
It keeps entering my control panel thing, where it has airplane mode
and all that.
We had a problem with that sort of gesture when we originally tested
the app. that persists here as well.
I would suggest changing that particular gesture. I haven't tested
this one thoroughly yet, to offer any other feedback.
I'm sure you all shall hear from me soon.
thank you, and have a lovely day.

On 5/24/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

>  Its just like entering a comma, but instead of flicking down after the
> period; flick up.😎
>  its easy once you get the hang of it.👍
>

> Chuck
>
>> On May 24, 2018, at 6:15 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I sometimes have trouble getting the EMOT es. What is the gesture to get
>> the mote s.
>>
>> Sincerely,, mike
>>

>>> On May 24, 2018 at 20:05, <George Cham> wrote:
>>>
>>> I’m having trubbel dismissingthe keyboard
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> George Cham
>>>
>>> ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be
>>> gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his
>>> peace.’
>>> Numbers 6:24-26
>>> Get Outlook for iOS

Hi Kim,

You can dismiss the keyboard with a flick down and hold, whereas a flick up and hold will switch to the next keyboard, eg the iOS keyboard.

Thanks for reminding me of the difficulty with the flick up gesture. What if you start the flick up from a little higher on the screen, avoiding the very bottom edge? Does that work for you?

Kosta

wrote:

[...]

try starting your flick up in the middle of the screen.
I start all my gestures in the middle of the screen; they all work great.😎
I hope this helps,

Chuck

wrote:

[...]

Hi costa are there any plans to add more emojie?

 try starting your flick up in the middle of the screen.
 I start all my gestures in the middle of the screen; they all work great.😎
 I hope this helps,

Chuck

> On May 24, 2018, at 6:44 PM, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...> wrote:
>
> hello all,
> Okay so the flicking up to dismiss is no good!!!
> It keeps entering my control panel thing, where it has airplane mode
> and all that.
> We had a problem with that sort of gesture when we originally tested
> the app. that persists here as well.
> I would suggest changing that particular gesture. I haven't tested
> this one thoroughly yet, to offer any other feedback.
> I'm sure you all shall hear from me soon.
> thank you, and have a lovely day.
>
>> On 5/24/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
>>
>> Its just like entering a comma, but instead of flicking down after the
>> period; flick up.😎
>> its easy once you get the hang of it.👍
>>

>> Chuck
>>
>>> On May 24, 2018, at 6:15 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I sometimes have trouble getting the EMOT es. What is the gesture to get
>>> the mote s.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,, mike

Salman Haider

Yes, I have encountered this as well. However, performing the one finger flick up and hold gesture slightly higher than the bottom edge does work. I definitely want to be able to perform this particular function one handed, so I am willing to just practice and put myself into the habit of performing the gesture slightly higher. Rather than it potentially getting replace with a gesture that would require two hands. Definitely don't want that again!
Also, just a small correction; the last time we had a similar problem was when we were trying to decide on a convenient gesture for bringing up the menu in the main app. That was a disaster, I clearly remember it, and I definitely remember myself being one of the first ones to express how poorly that was working. However, the major difference between this situation and that one was, this time we are working with a one finger flick up and hold gesture. Back then, it was simply a one finger flick up gesture I believe.

If my memory serves me right.

Salman

wrote:

[...]

Maybe swapping the two gestures would work better Kosta? Meaning, the one finger flick down and hold can switch to the next keyboard. And the one finger flick up and hold would dismiss the keyboard. In my personal usage, I have a need to switch to the iOS keyboard more often than I need to dismiss the keyboard. Maybe others have a similar usage pattern?

wrote:

[...]

I am liking this update thus far. Being able to switch to the iOS keyboard again with a one hand gesture, entering a new line, all working well. One question though:
how come there is no longer a way to capitalize letters while doing manual text entry?
Salman

On May 24, 2018, at 8:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
- Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
- Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
- Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
- Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
- Flick right and hold for new line / return.
- Three finger tap and hold to read back.

Salman Haider

I guess the new way to capitalize letters is to first perform a two finger single tap to switch to upper case, then continue with the manual text entry?
I am liking this update. Good work with the hold gestures Kosta. I know you said that you would have to write your own for the custom keyboard.
They are working well.
Salman.

On May 24, 2018, at 11:11 PM, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

[...]

There is a way.
If you do a magic tap that changes the next letter you will type to
upper or lower case. You just have to change it before you type the
letter.
Okay so, now that I've thoroughly tested the update, I've come back to
heap a bit of well deserved praise on you guys.
Everything is working amazingly. I honestly absolutely love it. Only
two things, as far as I can see, need to be fixed, then you guys will
be totally and absolutely golden to release this.
So here are the two things.
1. The flick up and hold gesture needs to be changed, as I mentioned
in my previous post. It won't pose a problem, if I flick up high
enough on my screen, but that is a bit finicky, so a change in that
would be sincerely appreciated.
2. I'm sure this is coming, and take your time, but a way to add words
to the dictionary within the custom keyboard would be marvelous.
that's it!!! Besides those two things, this is absolutely amazing.
I have absolutely no other criticism to give. I love the emote thing though.
I didn't see that coming, and am loving it.
Thank you guys so very much, this is truly amazing.

On 5/24/18, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:
[...]

I understand the concern with the flick up and hold gesture. And I have encountered that issue myself. However, is there a suggestion you have for another one handed gesture to be able to perform that function? I feel like all other one handed gestures are already taken! And I personally would definitely not want to go back to having to use a gesture that requires two hands to perform this function.
The one suggestion I had was, swap the functionality of the one finger flick up and hold, and the one finger flick down and hold gestures. Maybe that would be a happy medium since you wouldn't encounter the control center popping up issue as much then? Considering that the switching keyboards is something you do more frequently than dismissing the keyboard.
I just can't think of another one handed gesture that is left which could be used instead of the one finger flick up and hold or even down and hold. Wait, here’s one. The only other gesture I can think of, which hasn't been used yet, is a one finger flick left and hold, but that would just feel a bit weird. For switching keyboards. Still, that one could be a potential option if the one finger flick up and hold does become too much of a problem for people. Just my thoughts. Salman