Topics

Spelling words

David Nason

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

While on the whole I of course find FlickType to be a much faster way of typing than the standard keyboard, there is still one area where I run into problems, and that is where I don't actually know how to spell a word. For example, earlier I was trying to type the word "anomaly", but I thought it was spelled "anomoly", so followed that pattern in typing it, and FlickType did not offer me the correct word. This is of course understandable, and maybe I'm being unfair and unrealistic, but I do wonder if there could be any scope for forgiving spelling mistakes and still giving us the word we wanted.

Just a thought :)

Hi Dave, I have similar problems with spelling. I Vaguely remember passing one spelling test back in the six grade.

Chuck

On May 8, 2018, at 11:10 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

While on the whole I of course find FlickType to be a much faster way of typing than the standard keyboard, there is still one area where I run into problems, and that is where I don't actually know how to spell a word. For example, earlier I was trying to type the word "anomaly", but I thought it was spelled "anomoly", so followed that pattern in typing it, and FlickType did not offer me the correct word. This is of course understandable, and maybe I'm being unfair and unrealistic, but I do wonder if there could be any scope for forgiving spelling mistakes and still giving us the word we wanted.

Just a thought :)

Hey Chuck. Haha, I'm not a bad speller, but there's plenty of words I don't know, lol

On 8 May 2018, at 19:23, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave

Macster

Hi Dave. I've come across this situation also. Whilst my spelling is generally fine, if I come across a word I'm not sure of I quickly ask Siri to spell the word in question and type it straight in. It works well. Macky

Chuck Dean

Thanks!
What a great idea! As someone who has never been good at spelling this will be a great help.

Chuck