Date   

FlickType and the Type to Siri function...

Ed Worrell
 

Hello,

I have found an interesting development with /FlickType and the keyboard extension part of the app.

I was playing around with the Type to Siri function that was added in iOS 11. FlickType shows up and functions as expected except for one minor detail. The speech engine used in the keyboard doesn’t speak whilst entering text in the query text field. All of the click sounds play, but there is no speech. Just thought that I would point this out. It’s not a big deal, but it might be nice to have the support at some point.

Thanks and great job with the keyboard extension!

Ed Worrell


Re: Update

Ed Worrell
 

Hello Kasta an Ashley,

Yes this seems to be an Apple issue. I am on a couple different beta test teams and this has been the case for all of the betas being sent out. Definitely an Apple issue.

Ed Worrell

On May 15, 2018, at 11:36 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Is everyone experiencing this same issue? This is on Apple/TestFlight's end, so nothing we can do about it but we're not experiencing this with our personal email accounts.

Ashley



Re: Update

Chuck Dean
 

Yes, the version on test flight is always one behind the actual build. I just figured the computer isn't good at counting. 😎


Chuck

On May 15, 2018, at 1:36 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Is everyone experiencing this same issue? This is on Apple/TestFlight's end, so nothing we can do about it but we're not experiencing this with our personal email accounts.

Ashley



Re: Update

 

Sorry, you're all experiencing this. I assume you guys all know this, but the workaround is to just go directly to the TestFlight app and download the update after you receive the new build update. Just make sure to refresh the app as that also doesn't always refresh as it should.

Cheers!
Ashley


Re: Update

Salman Haider
 

I certainly am. Always have. The push notification and the email from TestFlight is always a version behind.

Salman

On May 15, 2018, at 1:36 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Is everyone experiencing this same issue? This is on Apple/TestFlight's end, so nothing we can do about it but we're not experiencing this with our personal email accounts.

Ashley


Re: Update

 

Is everyone experiencing this same issue? This is on Apple/TestFlight's end, so nothing we can do about it but we're not experiencing this with our personal email accounts.

Ashley


Re: Update

David Nason
 

This is also the case with the notification from the TestFlight app.

Dave

On 15 May 2018, at 00:19, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:


Kosta,

Are you aware that we are always one email behind from test flight? The last email that we received was for build 65 and not for 66? Just wanted to make sure you knew. Thanks.

Benny

On May 14, 2018, at 3:54 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Just wanted to thank you all for a very successful release to the beta group last week. TestFlight shows that people are already using the custom keyboard more than the main app, which is pretty amazing. And we're just getting started, smile. We couldn't have done this without all your help, so thank you again for that.

On a different note, you might have gotten a notification for a new build 66, which is just a small maintenance release. This may go to beta if manual entry work is taking longer than expected, otherwise it will all be bundled together for an eventual beta release. Also, from here on I will probably skip sending a separate email for each build since you are all quite accustomed to getting the notes from TestFlight and then discussing here in the group.

Finally, there's many of your questions and comments that we need to get back to, please bear with us and we'll eventually address everything.

Thanks for testing!
Kosta





Re: Build 66

George Cham
 

Hi chuck, thanks for the tip. I always do that anyway

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS


From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:47:58 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 66
 
Hi George,
When you’re in the TestFlight app, if you double tap on the FlickType icon, you can see what improvements and what changes have been made. Always a good idea to review it before you start testing.


Chuck

On May 14, 2018, at 7:23 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hmm! So it is. I did not look for the skinny curser

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:17:06 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 66
 
Just some under the hood adjustments, and you’ll notice that the cursor is now much skinnier and a light yellow color.


Chuck

On May 14, 2018, at 7:12 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi, I've updated to the latest build, however I don't see any difference from the last build.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS


Re: Build 66

Chuck Dean
 

Hi George,
When you’re in the TestFlight app, if you double tap on the FlickType icon, you can see what improvements and what changes have been made. Always a good idea to review it before you start testing.


Chuck

On May 14, 2018, at 7:23 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hmm! So it is. I did not look for the skinny curser

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:17:06 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 66
 
Just some under the hood adjustments, and you’ll notice that the cursor is now much skinnier and a light yellow color.


Chuck

On May 14, 2018, at 7:12 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi, I've updated to the latest build, however I don't see any difference from the last build.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS


Re: Build 66

George Cham
 

Hmm! So it is. I did not look for the skinny curser

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS


From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:17:06 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 66
 
Just some under the hood adjustments, and you’ll notice that the cursor is now much skinnier and a light yellow color.


Chuck

On May 14, 2018, at 7:12 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi, I've updated to the latest build, however I don't see any difference from the last build.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS


Re: Latency

Salman Haider
 

I am also on an iPhone SE and have not encountered any such issues.

Salman

On May 14, 2018, at 12:38 PM, Macster <@Macster> wrote:

Hi Sharon. Sorry to hear you're having the latency issue whilst flicking down for word suggestions. I'm also using an iPhone SE and am not experiencing any latency issues at all. Can you give me a rough outline of your set up and I'll compare with mine, though there are so many variables it might be hard to pin down why you are experiencing this issue. Macky
On 14 May 2018, at 16:45, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...> wrote:

Hello all,
Yes I'm having the same sort of latancy issue. Which is why I wrote in
an earlier post, stating the flick issue has returned.
I have to flick several times sometimes, to get it to give me the
suggested word.
I however, am on an I-phone SE.


On 5/13/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Michael, I have not been receiving beta groups emails either. I assumed
it was because Kosta and Ashley did that good of a job!


Chuck

On May 13, 2018, at 4:53 AM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...>
wrote:

Hello list, I am noticing a issue. I notice on my iPhone ten that the
keyboard seems to be higher than it used to be. I am unsure if this is
accurate but when I type the letters at the bottom of the keyboard, it
puts spaces and such. Also when I am flicking up and down through
selections, it is sometimes where I have to flick several times before it
moved to the next selection. Also I stopped received messages from the
beta group and was wondering why. Any help would be appreciated.


Re: Build 66

Chuck Dean
 

Just some under the hood adjustments, and you’ll notice that the cursor is now much skinnier and a light yellow color.


Chuck

On May 14, 2018, at 7:12 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi, I've updated to the latest build, however I don't see any difference from the last build.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS


Build 66

George Cham
 

Hi, I've updated to the latest build, however I don't see any difference from the last build.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS


Re: Update

Benny Barber
 

Kosta,

Are you aware that we are always one email behind from test flight? The last email that we received was for build 65 and not for 66? Just wanted to make sure you knew. Thanks.

Benny

On May 14, 2018, at 3:54 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Just wanted to thank you all for a very successful release to the beta group last week. TestFlight shows that people are already using the custom keyboard more than the main app, which is pretty amazing. And we're just getting started, smile. We couldn't have done this without all your help, so thank you again for that.

On a different note, you might have gotten a notification for a new build 66, which is just a small maintenance release. This may go to beta if manual entry work is taking longer than expected, otherwise it will all be bundled together for an eventual beta release. Also, from here on I will probably skip sending a separate email for each build since you are all quite accustomed to getting the notes from TestFlight and then discussing here in the group.

Finally, there's many of your questions and comments that we need to get back to, please bear with us and we'll eventually address everything.

Thanks for testing!
Kosta



Update

 

Just wanted to thank you all for a very successful release to the beta group last week. TestFlight shows that people are already using the custom keyboard more than the main app, which is pretty amazing. And we're just getting started, smile. We couldn't have done this without all your help, so thank you again for that.

On a different note, you might have gotten a notification for a new build 66, which is just a small maintenance release. This may go to beta if manual entry work is taking longer than expected, otherwise it will all be bundled together for an eventual beta release. Also, from here on I will probably skip sending a separate email for each build since you are all quite accustomed to getting the notes from TestFlight and then discussing here in the group.

Finally, there's many of your questions and comments that we need to get back to, please bear with us and we'll eventually address everything.

Thanks for testing!
Kosta


Build 66Build

Chuck Dean
 

Build 66
Good job on the cursor.



Chuck


Re: Latency

Macster
 

Hi Sharon. Sorry to hear you're having the latency issue whilst flicking down for word suggestions. I'm also using an iPhone SE and am not experiencing any latency issues at all. Can you give me a rough outline of your set up and I'll compare with mine, though there are so many variables it might be hard to pin down why you are experiencing this issue. Macky

On 14 May 2018, at 16:45, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...> wrote:

Hello all,
Yes I'm having the same sort of latancy issue. Which is why I wrote in
an earlier post, stating the flick issue has returned.
I have to flick several times sometimes, to get it to give me the
suggested word.
I however, am on an I-phone SE.


On 5/13/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Michael, I have not been receiving beta groups emails either. I assumed
it was because Kosta and Ashley did that good of a job!


Chuck

On May 13, 2018, at 4:53 AM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...>
wrote:

Hello list, I am noticing a issue. I notice on my iPhone ten that the
keyboard seems to be higher than it used to be. I am unsure if this is
accurate but when I type the letters at the bottom of the keyboard, it
puts spaces and such. Also when I am flicking up and down through
selections, it is sometimes where I have to flick several times before it
moved to the next selection. Also I stopped received messages from the
beta group and was wondering why. Any help would be appreciated.


Re: Latency

Sharon Kim
 

Hello all,
Yes I'm having the same sort of latancy issue. Which is why I wrote in
an earlier post, stating the flick issue has returned.
I have to flick several times sometimes, to get it to give me the
suggested word.
I however, am on an I-phone SE.

On 5/13/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Michael, I have not been receiving beta groups emails either. I assumed
it was because Kosta and Ashley did that good of a job!


Chuck

On May 13, 2018, at 4:53 AM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...>
wrote:

Hello list, I am noticing a issue. I notice on my iPhone ten that the
keyboard seems to be higher than it used to be. I am unsure if this is
accurate but when I type the letters at the bottom of the keyboard, it
puts spaces and such. Also when I am flicking up and down through
selections, it is sometimes where I have to flick several times before it
moved to the next selection. Also I stopped received messages from the
beta group and was wondering why. Any help would be appreciated.


Re: Latency

Chuck Dean
 


Hi Michael, I have not been receiving beta groups emails either. I assumed it was because Kosta and Ashley did that good of a job!


Chuck

On May 13, 2018, at 4:53 AM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hello list, I am noticing a issue. I notice on my iPhone ten that the keyboard seems to be higher than it used to be. I am unsure if this is accurate but when I type the letters at the bottom of the keyboard, it puts spaces and such. Also when I am flicking up and down through selections, it is sometimes where I have to flick several times before it moved to the next selection. Also I stopped received messages from the beta group and was wondering why. Any help would be appreciated.


Re: A journal app that works with FlickType.

 

Hi Nozi,

 

Sorry I'm a bit late in answering. I was playing around this morning with Drafts 5.0 and though I don't personally keep a journal, I noticed it has options to append to journal across several cloud drives such as Dropbox, Google, etc. Drafts is very powerful in its feature set and even the free version allows you to do many things. It has a subscription version if you want access to more features. I had no trouble accessing the FlickType system wide keyboard when testing Drafts and the app seemed very accessible with Voiceover.

 

I will add that when I jumped back to the standard iOS keyboard after typing several sentences in Drafts with the FlickType keyboard and then returned to the FlickType keyboard that only the last sentence I had typed in Drafts was present. However, everything was still there when I returned to the Drafts app with the standard iOS keyboard. I've gotten similar results when typing with the FlickType system wide keyboard in other apps and jumping back and forth between it and the app so I don't think this is an issue with Drafts.

 

Good luck.

 

Alan Lemly

 

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nozi
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 2:24 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] A journal app that works with FlickType.

 

Hi everyone. I saw a post on here about   using FlickType in their journal app.  in the one I use FlickType doesn't appear as a keyboard. Can you please  let me know which app you use? At the moment I use the main FlickType  app to type and then paste into the app.