Re: As I play with the menu gesture, I feel that the single finger flick up will not work for me.

Ed Worrell

Hey Chuck,

To me the sweet spot seems to be at the very edge of the home button. Basicallyright where the home button meets the touch screen.

Ed

On Apr 18, 2018, at 12:59 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I just tried this a few times, and I cannot get to work.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 11:56 AM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hey Chuck,

If you hold one finger in the center of the dock on the home screen VoiceOver users will hear a try-tone sound this means you can now drag up with one finger, and by pass the VoiceOver status bar routine. This actually can be invoked in any application assuming you get that sweet spot. It seems to directly center above the home button.

Ed

On Apr 18, 2018, at 12:49 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
I have an iPhone ate, and when I flip up from the bottom, it opens the control panel. This is not normal behavior for the iPhone. Normally in order to open the control panel, I have to tap on the status bar. And then flick up with three fingers.
For some reason is gesture is bypassing the normal VoiceOver jesters

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Chanelle Allen <chanellem.allen@...> wrote:

Hello,
I like the single flick up from bottom gesture to bring up the menu, but I also agree that the two finger flick up should remain in place. I don't have an iPhone 10, but I thought that gestures to bring up the home screen and app switcher require a tap, hold and slide movement whereas bringing up the FlickType menu is a quick flick motion above where the physical home button would be. Am I wrong, and if so, could someone explain? If I am correct, it seems that FlickType should be able to distinguish between these seemingly different gestures. I also like the idea of 3-D touch being used to bring up export options.
Chanelle

On Apr 18, 2018, at 10:34, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

As I play with the menu gesture, I feel that the single finger flick up will not work for me. The two finger swipe up works 100% of the time. There was some mention of eliminating this gesture in the future. Unless a better gesture is found for opening the menu, I suggest it stays.