Re: Build 71

Sharon Kim

Hey Chuck,
Yeah, I can get it to work, it's just a bit finicky at times.
As far as the control panel, yes I know what you're saying. Which is
one of the very reasons why I think the gesture should be changed.
Otherwise, there needs to be some sort of thing saying that you need
to flick up, but only very slightly, from the middle of the screen.
Because even if you're at the middle of the screen, and you flick up
too much, it'll still envoke the control panel.
It's just very finicky. Not saying that I can't make it work, or that
it wouldn't be doable for other users, but if that is the gesture that
will be used for all times, then there needs to be some sort of help
or something that comes with it.
Otherwise, new users will have great difficulty with it.

On 5/25/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
if you are getting a letter when trying to flick up and hold, you are
probably tapping and then sliding and holding, which is not the gesture.
Think of flicking through the apps on the home screen, but instead of
lifting after the flick, stop and hold for a second. With a little practice,
it will come to you.

If the control panel appears, you probably started too close to the bottom
edge. The flick up from the bottom edge is how to open the control panel if
voice over is turned off.

I hope this helps,

Chuck

On May 25, 2018, at 6:14 PM, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...>
wrote:

Hello all,
First to Benny, no you don't need to change keyboards to send a
message for example, if that's what you're asking.
if you place your finger towards the bottom right corner of the
screen, you'll see the send button.
that is of course, if that's what you're asking.
I am in complete agreement with Ed here. The one finger flick up and
hold gesture is a problem for me as well. Sometimes, it types a letter
manually, rather than actually changing keyboard, and sometimes as I
have described before, it invokes the control panel.
I haven't really done the flick down and hold gesture yet, because as
I stated in a previous email, I do prefer to switch back to the IOS
keyboard, for the same reason that David mentioned.
He just put it more elegantly than I did.
Besides that, and the caps lock thing that others have mentioned, I'm
totally on board with the rest of the gestures. It's just those two
that really need to be fixed.
Thank you so very much, and have a lovely day.

On 5/25/18, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:
Ok, I've got the hang of going to the next line with a one finger
gesture.
But I want to make the first letter of a sentence a capital.
For example the dog jumped over the fence.
With f as the capital.

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and
be
gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his
peace.’