Re: Build 71

Sharon Kim

Hello all,
Noticed another little bug.
whenever you put in a symbol or number, there is a space automatically
added, and there's not really a way to get rid of the space, without
switching back to the IOS keyboard.
For example, if I wrote something like the following:
She said, "I have to go home."
I had to use quotes just today, it'll come out that there's a space
between the quotes. So for those with sight, it'll look like this.
She said, " I have to go home. "
Which isn't what I want.
As far as switching keyboards, yes I do have a need. It has nothing to
do with flicktype.
It's just that I from time to time, teach others how to use the
I-Phone. Sometimes, dictation and all that is one of them.
So I do flip back and forth.
Also on a personal note, I switch back to the IOS keyboard, because
the screen layout is different and I like it the way it is on a normal
keyboard, because it's what I'm used to. Thirdly, I sometimes, rarely,
use the record audio thing, and obviously, I can't use that feature
with flicktype as the main keyboard.
For these reasons, I usually tend to switch back to the IOS keyboard,
before sending my message.
anyways, that's it for me.

On 5/25/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta,
I notice the line repeating happened occasionally, when I would rock
between the FlickType and iOS keyboard, or if I left the app I was typing in
and went to the FlickType app to enter a word into the dictionary.

Chuck

On May 25, 2018, at 10:04 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you all for the feedback.

There are known issues with casing of letters, including the fact that the
two finger single tap should act as a shift rather than a caps lock. All
that will be addressed soon, and thankfully these are the easier problems
to solve.

The repetition of some text is an odd one, but I suspect it has to do with
new lines. New lines have proven to be quite tricky due to how iOS handles
them but hopefully we’ll be able to address the issue. Any specific steps
to reproduce would be helpful. Also this may be more likely to happen on
an iPhone X when moving the voiceover cursor focus from the keyboard to
the area below it where the next keyboard button sits.

Perhaps the most important area that we’d like more feedback on are the
gestures. If a particular gesture is not working for you, please describe
as specifically as possible what happens when you attempt to perform that
gesture. For example, if you end up accidentally triggering another
gesture, please tell us what that other gesture is, and any additional
information that might be helpful for us to consider as we review the
current mapping of gestures to actions. Similarly, if you feel that some
gesture is hard to remember, or you’d prefer a different gesture, please
explain your reasoning in as much detail as possible. There are a lot of
factors we need to consider, and the more specific input we have, the
better.

Regarding the most frequent way to exit the FlickType keyboard, we are
hoping that most people will be dismissing the keyboard entirely rather
than switch to the iOS keyboard. If you keep needing to switch to the iOS
keyboard, please let us know why so we can assess if there’s something we
can improve in FlickType so you don’t have to switch as much. Note that
text replacement shortcuts and full emoji support are coming soon,
although dictation isn’t. Hopefully the combination of emoji, text
replacements, cursor control by word or sentence and the new read back
function mean that you don’t have to switch to iOS as often, but we’d love
to know if you think you will still need to do that on a regular basis.

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

On May 25, 2018, at 08:52, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Kosta,

I love the new build, but I am having a few issues that I am listing
below.

1. A two finger single tap in letters works as a caps lock rather than a
shift key. I tend to forget to go back to lower case after I go into
upper case and type a letter. I wished it only worked as a shift key for
a letter at a time and we had another gesture to do a caps lock.
2. There is a little inconsistency in announcing whether a letter is
upper case or lower case. When starting to touch type at the beginning of
a document, the first letter does not announce as upper case until I lift
my finger. The same is true when starting a new sentence in touch typing
after a period. The first letter only announces cap after you lift your
finger. If you 2 finger single tap to put you into upper case though, the
letter is announced as a cap as soon as you touch the screen. That is
more preferable to me.
3. When deleting letters I would like to know when I am deleting an upper
case letter. The delete feedback is the same for lower case and upper
case. Thanks so much.

Benny

On May 24, 2018, at 7:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a
spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard.
If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return
you to letters.
- Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
- Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In
letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it
switches between numbers and symbols.
- Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick
up. These will be configurable in the future.
- Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
- Flick right and hold for new line / return.
- Three finger tap and hold to read back.