Re: Build 71

Benny Barber

Kosta,

I love the new build, but I am having a few issues that I am listing below.

1. A two finger single tap in letters works as a caps lock rather than a shift key. I tend to forget to go back to lower case after I go into upper case and type a letter. I wished it only worked as a shift key for a letter at a time and we had another gesture to do a caps lock.
2. There is a little inconsistency in announcing whether a letter is upper case or lower case. When starting to touch type at the beginning of a document, the first letter does not announce as upper case until I lift my finger. The same is true when starting a new sentence in touch typing after a period. The first letter only announces cap after you lift your finger. If you 2 finger single tap to put you into upper case though, the letter is announced as a cap as soon as you touch the screen. That is more preferable to me.
3. When deleting letters I would like to know when I am deleting an upper case letter. The delete feedback is the same for lower case and upper case. Thanks so much.

Benny

On May 24, 2018, at 7:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
- Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
- Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
- Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
- Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
- Flick right and hold for new line / return.
- Three finger tap and hold to read back.