Re: As I play with the menu gesture, I feel that the single finger flick up will not work for me.

I have an iPhone ate, and I had problems with the tap and hold just you to open the menu on my phone. When I would try to enter symbols, and or numbers, from the top bro, if I was a little too high it would invoke the menu. I think this is one of the reasons why they change the gesture. I asked for a buffer zone, perhaps two lines of “no man’s land ““ that would enable me to use the top and still have that particular gesture.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 11:52 AM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hello,

I was a fond user of the tap and hold gesture at the top of the screen. This could be done with one hand. The 3D Touch would be a great option for devices that support it. I personally think that the single finger tap and hold at the top of the screen was the best way to interact with the menu, but I guess Kasta said there was some issues with it on the iPhone X. I did not see the issues with it activating to low on the screen as he said a while back.

I love the progress you guys are making on the keyboard, thanks again for reviving the app.

Ed Worrell

On Apr 18, 2018, at 12:40 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Chuck, Chanelle,

We appreciate the feedback. Due to a bug with iOS we were not able to implement the single flick up gesture the way we wanted on non-iPhone X devices, therefore we're exploring other options. Though the two-finger flick gesture is reliable, we want to enable one-handed use across the entire app which is why we're exploring other options. If we do not find a reliable one-handed solution we will stick with the 2-finger flick up gesture.

Thanks!
Ashley