Re: Build 71

Macster

This is a superb release guys. Everything is working as expected and I've not found any faults. I've not managed to activate the control panel at all with the one finger swipe up and hold. It was suggested in a previous post that maybe the flick left and hold gesture could be used to dismiss the keyboard, but I was thinking would it be possible to have this as the multiple delete gesture in the same manner as in the app? The sentence boundary issue is the only problem I've encountered but that's not new to this build obviously. The new line gesture is perfect and I really like the flick up to enter the emojis👍

I think the scales have firmly tipped from the app to the custom keyboard with this release, once I break the force of habit. I will definitely still be using both however.

I'm away for a long weekend, returning Monday evening, so apologies in advance if my feedback is slightly slower over the next few days.

Many thanks as always,

Macky

On 25 May 2018, at 01:17, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to letters.
- Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
- Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters, this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches between numbers and symbols.
- Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up. These will be configurable in the future.
- Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
- Flick right and hold for new line / return.
- Three finger tap and hold to read back.