Re: Build 71

Salman Haider

I understand the concern with the flick up and hold gesture. And I have encountered that issue myself. However, is there a suggestion you have for another one handed gesture to be able to perform that function? I feel like all other one handed gestures are already taken! And I personally would definitely not want to go back to having to use a gesture that requires two hands to perform this function.
The one suggestion I had was, swap the functionality of the one finger flick up and hold, and the one finger flick down and hold gestures. Maybe that would be a happy medium since you wouldn't encounter the control center popping up issue as much then? Considering that the switching keyboards is something you do more frequently than dismissing the keyboard.
I just can't think of another one handed gesture that is left which could be used instead of the one finger flick up and hold or even down and hold. Wait, here’s one. The only other gesture I can think of, which hasn't been used yet, is a one finger flick left and hold, but that would just feel a bit weird. For switching keyboards. Still, that one could be a potential option if the one finger flick up and hold does become too much of a problem for people. Just my thoughts. Salman

On May 24, 2018, at 11:20 PM, Sharon Kim <sharon.mi.kim22@...> wrote:

There is a way.
If you do a magic tap that changes the next letter you will type to
upper or lower case. You just have to change it before you type the
letter.
Okay so, now that I've thoroughly tested the update, I've come back to
heap a bit of well deserved praise on you guys.
Everything is working amazingly. I honestly absolutely love it. Only
two things, as far as I can see, need to be fixed, then you guys will
be totally and absolutely golden to release this.
So here are the two things.
1. The flick up and hold gesture needs to be changed, as I mentioned
in my previous post. It won't pose a problem, if I flick up high
enough on my screen, but that is a bit finicky, so a change in that
would be sincerely appreciated.
2. I'm sure this is coming, and take your time, but a way to add words
to the dictionary within the custom keyboard would be marvelous.
that's it!!! Besides those two things, this is absolutely amazing.
I have absolutely no other criticism to give. I love the emote thing though.
I didn't see that coming, and am loving it.
Thank you guys so very much, this is truly amazing.

On 5/24/18, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:
I am liking this update thus far. Being able to switch to the iOS keyboard
again with a one hand gesture, entering a new line, all working well. One
question though:
how come there is no longer a way to capitalize letters while doing manual
text entry?
Salman
On May 24, 2018, at 8:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Merged touch typing and flick typing styles. There is no longer a
spacebar, delete, style toggle or shift key when exploring the keyboard. If
you are in numbers or symbols, entering a space will always return you to
letters.
- Magic tap to toggle the primary layout, between letters and numbers.
- Single tap with two fingers to toggle the secondary layout. In letters,
this switches between lowercase and uppercase. In numbers, it switches
between numbers and symbols.
- Added emoji shortcuts 😎. Flick right to enter a period, then flick up.
These will be configurable in the future.
- Flick down and hold to dismiss, or up and hold for next keyboard.
- Flick right and hold for new line / return.
- Three finger tap and hold to read back.