Re: Build 69.

Chuck Dean

My bad, yes, I do a three finger flick down to dismiss the keyboard. Because I never use my iPhone one handed, I guess a three finger gesture is not a big deal.

As I was explaining to Kosta earlier, the reason I stopped using Fleksy was a couple of the gestures were inconsistent in their operation and made the keyboard clumsy to use. I fear the same will happen to FlickType if one finger gestures are insisted upon. There just aren't that many one finger gestures and changing or dismissing the keyboard is such a small percent of the operation.

Chuck

On May 21, 2018, at 3:00 AM, David Nason <dnason@gmail.com> wrote:

Chuck, what do you mean when you say you haven't needed to switch keyboards all day? Flicktype is full screen, so when you finish typing, you have to either switch to the iOS keyboard or dismiss the keyboard. Both of these are multi finger gestures, which Paul and others find inconvenient.

In terms of switching modes, after plenty of real practical use over the last couple of days, I would definitely reiterate the need for an automatic switch back to flick typing mode. The switch to touch typing is seamless and wonderful, but I constantly find myself trying to flick type after typing my manual word, only to find I'm in the wrong mode. Its a real irritation to have to remember to switch back, and really slows down the flow of typing.

That's my experience anyway.

Dave
On 21 May 2018, at 09:58, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

The tap and hold for touch typing works very well. If I need a number a tap and hold in the lower left coner and I am in the numbers panel. I also have nothing against the style button to return to the FlickType screen. Its all working great for me.

So Paul, how often do you need to go to the iOS keyboard? I haven't needed it all day. And in those rare occasions when you need to switch keyboards with a child in your arms, couldn't you put your phone down to do the two finger double tap?

Chuck

On May 21, 2018, at 1:31 AM, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Hi all, after using FlickType whilst holding my 2 year old, I am definitely wanting some sort of single finger gesture to either dismiss FlickType or switch keyboards.
Regards, Paul.