Re: A test with Fleksy.

Chuck Dean

If I may chime in here,

I like the rotor because it is familiar to me and is used in other situations, so I also like the consistency of the controls. I sometimes get frustrated because I have forgotten a basic gesture and have screwed up my typing.

But the reason I like the Fleksy minimal keyboard is, for instance, if I am composing an email, first I enter the recipient, then I can double tap in the subject field and type in the  subject of the email, then I can double tap on the text body and start typing, all without having to change keyboards or doing a dismiss. The same is true when sending a text message.

I understand you like the words being visible on the top half of the screen, and it is pretty cool, but my sad eyes wouldn't use this feature very much and I'd prefer to have the interaction with the iPhone's screen.,

Chuck

On May 20, 2018, at 12:30 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Ed, that does clear it up. Aside from the unbeatable aspect that the standard VoiceOver cursor mechanism is familiar, can you describe in more detail what aspects of it you prefer over the gesture control in FlickType?

Kosta

On May 20, 2018, at 12:16, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Kosta,

all of the basic gestures are the same between FlickType and Fleksy. I guess I was more referring to the difference between the default iOS keyboard. And Fleksy. Not to take anything away from your cursor control but I prefer using the VoiceOver rotor with the half screen keyboard. I just feel that the simpler you can make the gestures the better it will be for all users. With Fleksy in the minimum style keyboard the gestures are very simple and straight forward. The only thing I am missing is the ability to quickly switch between modes such as symbols and numbers. I hope this clears up my previous email...

Ed

On May 20, 2018, at 1:07 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Ed, you mentioned: “The typing is so much easier and quicker for me with the gestures I forgive the stutter with VoiceOver.”

What gestures are you referring to that are not available in FlickType? Are you talking about the new line?

Kosta

On May 20, 2018, at 12:04, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Ed, thanks, I'll try it once I turn on Fleksy again. I don't like having more than two keyboards active at a time.

Chuck

On May 20, 2018, at 11:37 AM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Chuck,

try performing a two finger flick down in the bottom right hand corner. This should insert a new line.

 Ed

On May 20, 2018, at 12:34 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

u Kosta, i went back and downloaded Fleksy again to see how it interacts with the iOS screen. As i an typing this, i an using the Fleksy minimal keyboard. The keyboard is the bottom half of the screen, and i can interact with all the nails text fields and i can use the rotor Tu move the cursor where i want. The predictive engine doesn't seem as good, it has a stutter when announcing words, and there is no good way to insert a new line. Also, changing keyboards is a nightmare, having to change to the spacebar keyboard first, then using the globe button to select a keyboard. My pointr is, this would be the perfect keyboard layout, for me anyways, and is what i mean by a half screen keyboard. Plus i can easily input my text replacements. 😎 👍