Re: Build 68

Salman Haider

I agree with everything here Dave. Exactly my experience as far as the
accuracy of the prediction of the typing engine is concerned.

On 5/19/18, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

On a separate note, how are people finding the accuracy of the typing engine
itself these days? I'm sure it's an ongoing part of the development.
For me, its mostly really good, but I do still sometimes run into
frustrations. Long words are generally very successful, so long as I know
how to spell the word.
I do still have some problems at times with shorter words, where of course
there are far more possible words for the engine to recommend. In recent
days for example, I recall trying to type the words "read" and "date", and
for whatever reason, for the life of me, I could not get the engine to
suggest them, even with multiple swipes down. But just now, I was able to
type them just fine.
Some of this is clearly down to the user, but frustrating when it does
happen. I wonder if there is scope for the engine, while still primarily
making its recommendations based on the typing pattern, to have some level
of context based predictions, like the iOS keyboard does, albeit implemented
very differently.
On the whole I'm extremely happy with it though.

Dave
On 19 May 2018, at 17:31, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Btw to insert a new line using the custom keyboard, do a single tap and
hold, which will open the touch typing keyboard, now find the return key
in the bottom right corner and tap. Your new line will be entered, like
this,

I just put in three new lines.
To go back to the custom keyboard, fine the style key, which is on the
bottom, and is the second key from the left between the more numbers key
and the space key.

Chuck

On May 19, 2018, at 9:21 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Alex, you are indeed the lucky guy, as I tried to duplicate your
problem, and could not.
I did notice the landscape lock, left, did not work in the custom
keyboard. In other words, the setting had no effect on the custom
keyboard. When I went back to the app, the keyboard was locked in
landscape, left.
By guess is landscape lock is only in the app version.
I hope this helps,

Chuck

On May 19, 2018, at 8:50 AM, Alex Hiironen <l000b2a@...> wrote:

Hey Kosta and all, so far I am getting used to this new way of topping.
However, there are two things still annoying me. First, I still can't
get new lines to work in the custom keyboards. Second, I am still having
issues with the main app just not showing up properly. I completely
removed FlickType and waited days to install it again, no dice. I have
my orientation set to landscape left and it's showing up in portrait of
or only taking up the first half of the screen. When I open settings, it
will eventually switch to landscape as it should appear. Is anyone else
experience this issue, or am I the lucky guy for this bug? Cheers and as
always thanks for such frequent updates.

Alex

On May 19, 2018, at 7:07 AM, Chanelle Allen <chanellem.allen@...>
wrote:

Hello Kosta, Ashley, and Group,
it's impressive that Kosta has gotten another FlickType release out to
us so quickly. Thank you. Here are my initial thoughts.
The new flick gestures--especially the one to capitalize a letter are
useful. Using FlickType touch typing to go back by character to ensure
a word is capitalized or spelled correctly is convenient.
I preferred the magic tap gesture for switching between flick and touch
typing modes. Frequently when touch typing, I accidentally press the
"typing style" when intending to press space or the "more numbers"
button. I might be in the minority, but for me, it would be nice to go
back to having the magic tap gesture switch between modes. With time, I
can become accustomed to anything though. I thought that FlickType was
taking a while to come up with the right word for me in the flick
typing mode, but I think that it is me just taking time to get warmed
up to the keyboard. I will report back if I have further trouble.
Chanelle

On May 19, 2018, at 02:39, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you for the feedback, we always read all of your posts to the
group, so please keep it coming. This is still work-in-progress, and
eventually there will be a manual input mode similar to the main app.

Touch Typing related changes:
- Swapped magic tap and tap and hold gestures for changing keyboard or
typing style. When Touch Typing, there is now a button to change back
to Flick Typing. Note that upon entering Touch Typing, you will need
to release your touch and tap again to start exploring. This is
annoying but will be addressed soon.
- Added one and two finger flick gestures when Touch Typing. Flick
left will delete the last character, flick right will add a space,
flick up and down will change the current character's case. Two finger
flick left or right will move the cursor by character.
- Fixed inverted shift state announcement bug
- Shift will automatically be selected and unselected as needed.
- Character echo will now respect the setting from the main app
- Added word echo

Muhammad Salman Haider
(765) 586-6840