Re: Build 68

Alex Hiironen

Hey Kosta and all, so far I am getting used to this new way of topping. However, there are two things still annoying me. First, I still can't get new lines to work in the custom keyboards. Second, I am still having issues with the main app just not showing up properly. I completely removed FlickType and waited days to install it again, no dice. I have my orientation set to landscape left and it's showing up in portrait of or only taking up the first half of the screen. When I open settings, it will eventually switch to landscape as it should appear. Is anyone else experience this issue, or am I the lucky guy for this bug? Cheers and as always thanks for such frequent updates.

Alex

On May 19, 2018, at 7:07 AM, Chanelle Allen <chanellem.allen@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta, Ashley, and Group,
it's impressive that Kosta has gotten another FlickType release out to us so quickly. Thank you. Here are my initial thoughts.
The new flick gestures--especially the one to capitalize a letter are useful. Using FlickType touch typing to go back by character to ensure a word is capitalized or spelled correctly is convenient.
I preferred the magic tap gesture for switching between flick and touch typing modes. Frequently when touch typing, I accidentally press the "typing style" when intending to press space or the "more numbers" button. I might be in the minority, but for me, it would be nice to go back to having the magic tap gesture switch between modes. With time, I can become accustomed to anything though. I thought that FlickType was taking a while to come up with the right word for me in the flick typing mode, but I think that it is me just taking time to get warmed up to the keyboard. I will report back if I have further trouble.
Chanelle

On May 19, 2018, at 02:39, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you for the feedback, we always read all of your posts to the group, so please keep it coming. This is still work-in-progress, and eventually there will be a manual input mode similar to the main app.

Touch Typing related changes:
- Swapped magic tap and tap and hold gestures for changing keyboard or typing style. When Touch Typing, there is now a button to change back to Flick Typing. Note that upon entering Touch Typing, you will need to release your touch and tap again to start exploring. This is annoying but will be addressed soon.
- Added one and two finger flick gestures when Touch Typing. Flick left will delete the last character, flick right will add a space, flick up and down will change the current character's case. Two finger flick left or right will move the cursor by character.
- Fixed inverted shift state announcement bug
- Shift will automatically be selected and unselected as needed.
- Character echo will now respect the setting from the main app
- Added word echo