 I agree, the shift key's verbal feedback seems backwards.

Chuck

On May 18, 2018, at 8:11 PM, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

I believe in the iOS keyboard and the FlickType app they are capitalized.  No big deal.  My main issue was the shift key. The feedback is confusing to me. To each his own. Take care.

Benny

On May 18, 2018, at 9:42 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

as i type this reply,the first  letter,was not a capital .

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Benny Barber <rebelben@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:35:44 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 67

You are correct.

On May 18, 2018, at 9:28 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi mike, I think the password issue is moot, because I'm pretty sure that iOS will not allow third party keyboards to input sensitive information.

Chuck

On May 18, 2018, at 7:08 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hello, I do not agree with those suggestions. The reason I personally do not want the first letter capitalize is because when I am typing a email address it is usually all small letters. Also a lot of my passwords are small letters. It would make things harder. Secondly, if I am using manual input and I am typing a word that way, I hear every letter I typed. I do not need to hear the word again especially since I typed it out letter by letter. To me it would be a annoyance to hear it twice. Again this is my opinion only.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 18, 2018 at 20:42, <Benny Barber> wrote:

Kosta,

Currently as the custom keyboard stands, I have 2 issues that are a
hinderance to me.

1. Let's use the letter "x" as an example for this first issue. As I stated
in an earlier message, the shift key is confusing to me. In my humble
opinion, I think that at the beginning of a document the keyboard should
always be in "Caps" mode. When that first letter is entered the feedback
should be "Cap x" and then go into lower case mode. When you want to type
an upper case letter in the middle of a document or sentence and you touch
the shift key, the feedback when lifting the finger should be "Caps" to let
you know that you have entered the upper case mode. Then when you touch a
letter the feedback should be "Cap x". Conversely, when you want to change
the mode from upper case to lower case and touching the shift key, the
feedback should be "lower case" when you lift your finger. Currently it is
backwards.

2. As a user of FlickType, I have very limited sight and do not use any
sight to use the keyboard. I depend on the audible feedback exclusively.
With that said, all the feedback I can get assists me greatly in the typing
experience. I need character feedback and word feedback. Currently on the
direct input of letters you do not get word feedback when you space. This
is a hinderance in my typing. I need the confirmation that I have typed the
previous word correctly.

Thanks for all that you and Ashley have done. I greatly appreciate your
efforts.

Benny