Re: Build 67

George Cham

ok,but i think the flick gesture  after typing should be introduced in this new build. This makes it easier then trying to find Space in return

Kind Regards,

George Cham

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Benny Barber <rebelben@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2018 10:41:18 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 67

I too have very little sight, so the way the screen looks is not important to me. I need audible feedback to know what I am typing. Thanks.

Benny

On May 18, 2018, at 7:17 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

i agree with you . I think  the half screen keyboard is better,because we can see what we are   typing.. also, from memory in build  50 , the   white bar was put there to represent the top and bottomrows. This should be brought back

Kind Regards,

George Cham

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2018 10:00:56 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 67

With the half screen keyboard there would be much less need for switching to the iOS keyboard, as it would be easy to move the cursor in various text fields.

Don't get me wrong, I think the custom keyboard is pretty amazing, but the half screen would fit my personal needs better.

Chuck

> On May 18, 2018, at 4:23 PM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hey there chuck,
> I couldn't agree with you more. I would love to see the keyboard become a half screen effort. This would be great to me as well. Ed
>> On May 18, 2018, at 5:08 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
>>
>> Build 67
>> Hi all, I just got off a cross country flight and did some typing along the way.
>> Personally, I don't see any way to beat the typing experience in the FlickType app. If this keyboard, with its manual entry, numbers and symbols, could be incorporated into a half screen, system wide keyboard, I think the blind and visually impaired community would be pretty happy with the end product. Look at the very positive response the app got when it went public.
>>
>> I know you said you wanted to keep the manual input close to the iOS experience... But why? Unless you are planning a general public release, I see no reason for this. If the app style keyboard could be incorporated as a system wide keyboard, after very little use it would be my default keyboard and the iOS keyboard would become a piece of nostalgia.
>>
>> Just my opinion...
>>
>>
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>>
>
>
>

Join alpha@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.