Re: Build 67

Macster

Hi George,

Punctuation is now available. If you use the two finger double tap to enter touch typing mode, the more button is at the bottom left and will allow access to all the punctuation in the same layout as the standard keyboard. Its very responsive and works well. Macky

On 18 May 2018, at 09:39, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Wow! I’m typing  a lot faster. I’d like The ability  to add punctuation while  touch typing within the system wide    keyboard

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of George Cham <George.cham@...>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 6:29:27 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io; alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 67

ok got it, but how do I add a. At the end of a sentence and punctuations?

From: Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...>
Date: 18 May 2018 at 08:23:07 BST
To: "alpha@flicktype.groups.io" <alpha@flicktype.groups.io>

Hi, well done. This seems very stable at the moment. I can't find any problems at the moment. One suggestion that I have would be too maybe allow for another tap on the shift key to enable caps loch.
Once again, well done for this new release.
Regards, Paul.

On 18 May 2018, at 07:03, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

This is the very first, and still quite experimental, version of the manual typing functionality. The approach we are taking is to start from the basics, and expand as we go. As a first step, we simply bring the Touch Typing style of the regular iOS keyboard right within FlickType, and make it fast and easy to toggle between Flick Typing and Touch Typing using the magic tap gesture. If you are not familiar, a magic tap is a double tap with two fingers, and is used to perform the so-called "most-intended" action, regardless of what element the VoiceOver cursor is currently focused on.

Notes:
- You cannot yet use any flick gestures when Touch Typing, but you will be able to in the future.
- You can now enter a new line with the Return key, just like with the iOS keyboard. When you go back to Flick Typing, new lines will currently not be announced when moving the cursor.
- The voice feedback for entered characters does not have a different pitch.
- You can only switch to the iOS keyboard when Flick Typing.

As you can tell, this is very different from the way manual input works in the main app. We're doing this for a couple of reasons: One is to make it easier for new users to fall back to a familiar typing style when needed. Two, manually typing longer words should be easier and faster this way. We might not be there yet, but this is the reasoning behind the approach.