Re: Custom keyboard versus main app #poll

Chanelle Allen

Hello,
Like mike, I find it easy to switch between the FlickType and iOS keyboards when entering symbols, new lines, and non dictionary words. The FlickType app is still needed for adding words to the custom dictionary, adjusting tap settings, and periodically exporting my dictionary. I am making myself use the FlickType keyboard to improve my typing and interacting with text fields. With more practice and deliberate incorporation into writing tasks, the more proficient I will become and the more prepared to use the FlickType keyboard exclusively when we have manual entry and the ability to add words to the custom dictionary. When the sound and latency were bothersome, I preferred typing in the FlickType app; since Tuesday, I am a FlickType keyboard convert. :) I will probably always be a more proficient braille screen input typist, but only the FlickType keyboard provides the most convenient and efficient means of writing a short, one- sentence response to an email using one hand while eating dinner. And, responding to that email was super easy since I could just switch to my preferred (FlickType) keyboard rather than opening another app and copying/pasting text. 😀 for me, the most cumbersome part of writing on the iPhone is the editing process— probably since I am such a perfectionist. Could a third party keyboard speed up editing tasks such as inserting, deleting, and rearranging text? Its something to think about. I don't expect FlickType or any third party keyboard to speed up my tired brain that is taking a long time to write this email. ☺️
Chanelle
Chanelle

On May 11, 2018, at 13:09, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hello, since the custom keyboard was released, I never had used the main application. If I need to put a symbol or such in, I switch on the apple keyboard and then switch back. It is faster and easier to do that. I guess I am one of the few who never uses the main application.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 11, 2018 at 13:04, <Nozi> wrote:

I can't see myself using the main app much when  we are able to enter letters manually and numbers. Costa and Ashley, you guys have done an amazing job with the custom keyboard so far in such a short time. I'm using it to write this post.