Re: Build 37 out to alpha

Andrew McKay

Good morning,

I have to say, swipe up feature on an iPhone X is not good. It majorly conflicts with the voiceover gestures for the home gesture and app switcher gesture. getting out of the app is almost impossible and very confusing at this point. This was a terrible change from my perspective.

Andrew

On Apr 17, 2018, at 3:45 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!

In this release:
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to invoke the menu! This replaces the tap & hold gesture above the keyboard. The two finger flick up remains available but may be removed in the future.
- Added "Echo entered characters" setting. Off by default.
- Removed Facebook option from the Share sheet, as it did not work properly.
- Removed Copy option from the Share sheet. Please use the dedicated "Copy & Clear" option directly from the menu.

In the previous release:
- Attempt to fix lost feedback on tap & hold mode. Please let us know if the issue is fixed.
- Slightly reduced delay to enter tap & hold mode.
- Fixed tap & hold characters sometimes not being announced when releasing to enter them.
- Renamed some settings and added descriptions.
- Brought back the previous unduckable sound effect playback mode as a setting, on by default. Please test this & other sound settings as much as possible and report latency, volume or any other sound issues and feedback.
- Merged deletion feedback settings.
- Haptic setting now only appears on supported devices.
- Settings are now dismissible using the scrub / back gesture.
- Removed quick reply link setting as it caused confusion and was rarely used.
- Replaced menu options "Instructions", "We love feedback!", "Tell-a-friend" and "FlickType on the web" with a single "Help & Support" web redirect option.
- Two finger double tap when the menu is open, also known as "magic tap", will now select the "Export text" option.
- Use higher-quality voice (if available) when VoiceOver is disabled
- Updated dictionary
- Fixed crashes

Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!

Kosta & Ashley