Re: Custom keyboard versus main app #poll

Chuck,

Well, maybe they won't be able to split it but I say whatever. How inconvenient is it really to have the main app installed even if someone doesn't intend to use it? It's not as if it will get in the way of the custom keyboard which will be accessed from a text input area like all other software keyboards. And I can't imagine that the main app uses much memory to be installed.

Alan Lemly

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 12:00 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Custom keyboard versus main app #poll

Hi Allen,
I doubt that. When the fleksy keyboard was made to go system wide, they still required a app to do updates and it any kind of add-ons that may have been for sale as in app purchases.
Best thing to do is just make a folder and stick it in there and hide it someplace. I have a folder on my iPhone that I called junk drawer, it’s a bunch apps that I have on my phone that I might use some day, probably won’t, but I can just stick them all in there and not worry about them.

Chuck

On May 10, 2018, at 9:57 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Mike,

If by stating that you hope the main app is removed when the custom keyboard is released you mean removed completely from the Apps Store, that seems sort of a selfish viewpoint. Just because you won't be using the main app doesn't mean others won't be. But maybe the main app and custom keyboard will be split into two separate apps and you'll be able to remove it from your own device.

Alan Lemly