Re: Custom keyboard versus main app #poll

Chuck Dean

Hi Michael,
Once the custom keyboard is fully featured, the standalone app will still be necessary to make adjustments. Such as volumes of the taps, tap sounds, and exporting the dictionary.
Also, costa promised us that he would never get rid of the standalone app. Some of us who grew up on fleksy VO, really love that app, and I want to make sure that it’s back there in my toolbox, with all my weird wrenches, in case I need it. 😎

Chuck

On May 10, 2018, at 5:07 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Chuck, that is why we both are different. I did not understand though your comparison between wrench and a keyboard. I agree that multiple tools may do the same thing but when it is directly the same application I do not see the purpose. As said, right now it is not ready for it to be a stand alone now, when the rest of the featured are implemented, meaning it has the ability to do manual input, number input, new lines, etc., I do not see the purpose of two keyboards from the same developer doing the exact same thing. Again chuck, I respect what you are saying and your opinions and like my mom said, people sometimes agree to disagree. This is one of those situations. Take care.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 10, 2018 at 18:59, <Chuck Dean> wrote:

I respectfully disagree. I restore antique micro cars; and I have many different types of wrenches that will do the same job. However you can never have too many tools, and you never know when you might need that weird one.

Chuck

On May 10, 2018, at 4:52 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

I just responded to the poll. My hope is when the custom keyboard is released that the application is removed. I see no use of having both around. The custom keyboard once complete will dominate use and I see no purpose of it. I use the custom keyboard ninety nine percent of the time and the other one percent I use the apple keyboard. I do not and have never have used the main application since the custom keyboard was released. In my opinion also it is harder to maintain two applications when only one is needed. This is my personal opinion bind you.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 10, 2018 at 16:04, <FlickType> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

We know there are still severe limitations with the custom keyboard, but we'd like to better understand exactly how useful it is for you in its current state.

So the burning question is: which do you use more, the custom keyboard or the main app?

1. The custom keyboard
2. The main app
3. About the same

Vote Now