Re: Build 36 is out to alpha

Ed Worrell

Hey there,

This is the smoothest running version of FlickType yet! Keep up the fantastic work.
I am in love with the new click sounds that you added a few versions back. I however an not in love with the volume of the delete sound. It would be great to have the same volume settings for the delete sound as we have for the click sounds.
Manual typing seems to be stable again, but it now is repeating characters after you lift your finger. Could we please have an option to turn off the character echo. This makes manual typing slow and confusing.

On Apr 16, 2018, at 8:37 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please reply to this topic to report all your feedback. Thank you for testing FlickType!

In this release:
- Attempt to fix lost feedback on tap & hold mode. Please let us know if the issue is fixed.
- Slightly reduced delay to enter tap & hold mode.
- Fixed tap & hold characters sometimes not being announced when releasing to enter them.
- Renamed some settings and added descriptions.
- Brought back the previous unduckable sound effect playback mode as a setting, on by default. Please test this & other sound settings as much as possible and report latency, volume or any other sound issues and feedback.
- Merged deletion feedback settings.
- Haptic setting now only appears on supported devices.
- Settings are now dismissible using the scrub / back gesture.
- Removed quick reply link setting as it caused confusion and was rarely used.
- Replaced menu options "Instructions", "We love feedback!", "Tell-a-friend" and "FlickType on the web" with a single "Help & Support" web redirect option.
- Two finger double tap when the menu is open, also known as "magic tap", will now select the "Export text" option.
- Use higher-quality voice (if available) when VoiceOver is disabled
- Updated dictionary
- Fixed crashes

Earlier notable changes:
- Added stereo panning setting for tap sound effects, on by default. Try with headphones and tell us what you think.
- Fixed long tap menu gesture activating too low on iPhone X.
- Fixed text not appearing when sharing in some apps.
- Always show "Copy & clear" menu option, even when "Copy & Clear on exit" is enabled.
- Fixed double announcement of typed text when invoking the menu.

Please reply to this topic to report all your feedback. Thank you for testing FlickType!

Kosta & Ashley