Re: Build 63 and beta release

Paul Sutton

Lol as you can tell I am still getting the hang of switching between keyboards

On 10 May 2018, at 12:44, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Alan, after following the instructions from costa, I have realized that he is correct in the steps he has described. He was referring to the FlickType settings located in the main settings menu where all the other apps are located. Within that FlickType setting you can indeed access the keyboard settings.
regards, Paul.s the keyboard settings. Kind regards, Paul.
On 10 May 2018, at 06:12, Alan Lemly <walemly@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Kosta,

Build 1.1.-63 is working fine for me. I would suggest that you change the second bullet under your instructions found at your below link. Right now it says:

To install the custom keyboard, go to iOS Settings, FlickType, Keyboard and then enable it. You also need to enable "Full Access" right below that.

I think it would be clearer to say:

To install the custom keyboard, go to Settings, General, Keyboard, Keyboards, Add new keyboard, and select FlickType. Once installed, double tap on FlickType and turn on the Allow full access setting.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 9:17 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 63 and beta release plan

Hi all,

The only change in this build, apart from some internal code reshuffling, is to announce the need to open the main FlickType app before the first use of the custom keyboard. As you can probably guess, we are very eager to share this build with the larger beta group, smile. To do this, we need to cover three things:

First, we need to make sure that there's no major usability issues, apart from the functionality that's still missing. If something is majorly broken, or if things are working perfectly, please let us know either way.
Second, we need to make sure that the experience for new users is acceptable, keeping in mind this is still very much in beta. To ensure a good on-boarding experience, we'd love your input on the updated instructions here: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/alpha/wiki/FlickType-custom-keyboard . If there's anything that doesn't make sense, is missing, or could otherwise be expressed more clearly, please let us know. And if there's any issues you notice with the update flow from the App Store build to this build, we'd love to know that as well.
Finally, we expect a large number of questions to come from the beta group during the first few days. If anyone would like to help us answer the common questions, please let us know so we can make you a moderator in the beta group. We'd love to have as much help there as possible, smile.

And if there's anything else you want to bring up regarding the upcoming beta release, we'd love to hear. In the event that everything is ready and working smoothly, we'd love to release to beta as soon as tomorrow, smile.

Thank you,
Kosta & Ashley

PS: I will shortly answer your questions and comments from the last day or so in a separate email.