Re: Build 63 and beta release plan

Shinji Sakiyama

Hi! List I’m Shinji.
I would be happy answer any questions from beta group.
Thank you.

iPhoneから送信

2018/05/10 午前11:16、FlickType <@FlickType>のメール:

Hi all,

The only change in this build, apart from some internal code reshuffling, is to announce the need to open the main FlickType app before the first use of the custom keyboard. As you can probably guess, we are very eager to share this build with the larger beta group, smile. To do this, we need to cover three things:

First, we need to make sure that there's no major usability issues, apart from the functionality that's still missing. If something is majorly broken, or if things are working perfectly, please let us know either way.
Second, we need to make sure that the experience for new users is acceptable, keeping in mind this is still very much in beta. To ensure a good on-boarding experience, we'd love your input on the updated instructions here: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/alpha/wiki/FlickType-custom-keyboard . If there's anything that doesn't make sense, is missing, or could otherwise be expressed more clearly, please let us know. And if there's any issues you notice with the update flow from the App Store build to this build, we'd love to know that as well.
Finally, we expect a large number of questions to come from the beta group during the first few days. If anyone would like to help us answer the common questions, please let us know so we can make you a moderator in the beta group. We'd love to have as much help there as possible, smile.

And if there's anything else you want to bring up regarding the upcoming beta release, we'd love to hear. In the event that everything is ready and working smoothly, we'd love to release to beta as soon as tomorrow, smile.

Thank you,
Kosta & Ashley

PS: I will shortly answer your questions and comments from the last day or so in a separate email.