Some of my shortcuts are the beginning of other words like s t for the phrase have a safe trip. So, when I type the word street, after I type the s and t, I will hear the tone indicating the shortcut, but the next letter will negate the operation.
I hope this makes sense, its a little hard to explain.

Chuck

On May 9, 2018, at 7:07 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for providing the details of your emoji shortcut using text replacement. I'm just curious what happens with your smiley face with sunglasses example when you're entering a word that contains a double s. Do you get a smiley sunglasses replacement in such a case?

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Salman Haider
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 11:37 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 61.

Thanks for your input guys.
It sounds like I wasn't the only one and there indeed is a bug in iOS as far as that is concerned. Removing the Emoji keyboard, definitely is one workaround.

Salman

On 5/8/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:
Go to settings: general: keyboards: and select text replacement, which
used to be called shortcuts.

Now tap add.
In the phrase text field, you can put any thing you want to enter
quickly, such as; addresses, emails, phone numbers, words or sentences
you use frequently. And also emoji.

Once you have entered the text or emoji, go to the next text box
called shortcuts... Optional.
I usually use a two letter shortcut; for example my smiley face with
sunglasses is s s..
Now go to the upper right and tap save.
Now when you enter your two letter shortcut and then hit space. The
phrase will be entered.
Good luck.

Chuck

On May 8, 2018, at 4:40 PM, Chanelle Allen
<chanellem.allen@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello,
My problems with switching keyboards were resolved after removing the
emoji keyboard as chuck did. When I switch between keyboards, I am
still not confident that my cursor will be in the correct location,
but FlickType is consistent. Alternating between keyboards while
typing is quick and nearly seamless. When I switch to the iOS
keyboard for editing and VoiceOver begins reading aloud, I worry that
the insertion point will change unless I am quick enough to set the
rotor to characters or words and begin flicking. I am just
discovering how easy it is to use the VoiceOver rotor while reading
through the message contents, switch to FlickType keyboard, and immediately begin typing at the cursor location.
Sometimes, when I switch between keyboards I forget to add a space
manually on the iOS keyboard before typing out a word. In
transitioning between the iOS keyboard and FlickType, however, a
space is automatically inserted. If I have entered something manually
on the iOS keyboard, I press space before switching back to
FlickType, but if I am inserting text, typing a space before
switching keyboards is not needed. By the way, chuck, how did you create emoji replacements?
I am so glad to be typing with the FlickType keyboard in responding
to this and other emails. Thanks again, Kosta.
Chanelle

On May 8, 2018, at 17:55, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

I was having similar problems switching keyboards, so I remove the
emoji keyboard from the list completely. I had a bunch of text
replacement shortcuts with emoji s in them, and they have been
retained. Considering that I don t use the emoji keyboard anyways
anymore. I don t think I need it on my list. Now I only have
Fliktype and the English US keyboard in the list. Works much better!

Chuck

On May 8, 2018, at 3:43 PM, Salman Haider
<salmanhaider.purdue@gmail.com> wrote:

I do want to add that the new release is working quite well for me
otherwise. Especially from the standpoint of prediction. It is as
good as the app itself, for me anyway. The only reason that I
refrain from using the FlickType custom keyboard generally is, the
one I explained in my previous email. The unpredictability and
inconsistency of switching back and forth between keyboards that
is. Especially when I need to edit text or add words that are not
in the FlickType dictionary. Great job to the FlickType team on
making such good progress with every update. If only this keyboard
switching issue could be resolved somehow. And again, it probably has nothing to do with FlickType. Its probably an iOS bug.
Salman

On May 8, 2018, at 6:35 PM, Salman Haider
<salmanhaider.purdue@gmail.com> wrote:

One of the issues that I consistently encounter is, when I perform
the tap and hold gesture to return to the iOS keyboard, sometimes I
get the emoji keyboard instead of the iOS keyboard. Other times, I
get back to the iOS keyboard like I should. I do not know why this
is, but it certainly causes a lot of irritation. Also, sometimes
when I double tap the next keyboard option on the iOS keyboard, it
switches to the emoji keyboard, even though the FlickType keyboard
is the one that should come up as that is next in the order of
keyboards I have. I do not think that these behaviors have anything
to do with FlickType itself, rather the implementation of custom
keyboards in iOS. But I am curious to know if others are having
this issue as well. Once again, I just want to reiterate that I
have changed the order of the keyboards in the iOS settings as
well. Yet, the tap and hold gesture continues to sometimes bring up
the emoji keyboard rather than the iOS keyboard. Not every single
time, but a lot of times. And also, the next keyboard, FlickType
button also sometimes brings up the emoji keyboard rather than the
FlickType keyboard. These behaviors have existed pretty much from
the first day that I installed the FlickType custom keyboard, so
its not version specific. If anyone can shed any light on this, or even has a possible workaround or solution, it would be much appreciated.
Salman

On May 8, 2018, at 3:07 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Paul, I do that now by switching to the iOS keyboard with a
single tap and hold. Once I am in the iOS keyboard I can review my
text utilizing the the normal iPhone gestures. Then when I am ready
to type, I return to FlickType custom keyboard. The two keyboards
play well together.

Chuck

On May 8, 2018, at 11:50 AM, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

Hi everyone, build 61 is working really well for me. Obviously
their are the problem's that people have already addressed but for
me it's been a pretty good release. I would like to put an idea
out there. I don't know if it would work for everyone and to be
honest I don't even know if it is possible but I would love to
hear other peoples views on it. Its to do with reading back the
text you have written. I was thinking would it be possible to have
some sort of gesture which when performed, would then place
FlickType in some sort of review mode. With in this mode, other
previous gestures that you use for FlickType would now be used for
other purposes. Just for example instead of a single flick down
accessing the suggestion list, you could be able to flick between
lines, words, sentences and things like that and when you are
finished you perform another gesture to return back to the
standard FlickType keyboard. As I said, I don't know if it would work but I would find something like that useful.
Hi everyone, build 6 1 is working really well for me. Obviously
their are the problem's that people have already addressed but for
me it's been a pretty good release. I would like to put an idea
out there. I don't know if it would work for everyone and to be
honest I don't even know if it is possible but I would love to
hear other peoples views on it. Its to do with reading back the
text you have written. I was thinking would it be possible to have
some sort of gesture which when performed, would then place
FlickType in some sort of review mode. With in this mode, other
traveler previous gestures that you use for FlickType would now be
used for other purposes. Just for example instead of a single
flick down accessing the suggestion list, you could be able to
flick between lines, words, sentences and things like that and
when you are finished you perform another gesture to return back
to the standard FlickType keyboard. As I said, I don't know if it would work but I would find something like that useful.
Cheers, Paul. Hi everyone, build 6 1 is working really well for me.
Obviously their are the problem's that people have already
addressed but for me it's been a pretty good release. I would like
to put an idea out there. I don't know if it would work for
everyone and to be honest I don't even know if it is possible but
I would love to hear other peoples views on it. Its to do with
reading back the text you have written. I was thinking would it be
possible to have some sort of gesture which when performed, would
then place FlickType in some sort of review mode. With in this
mode, other traveler previous gestures that you use for FlickType
would now be used for other purposes. Just for example instead of
a single flick down accessing the suggestion list, you could be
able to flick between lines, words, sentences and things like that
and when you are finished you perform another gesture to return
back to the standard FlickType keyboard. As I said, I don't know if it would work but I would find something like that useful.
Cheers, Paul. Cheers, Paul.
On 8 May 2018, at 19:00, David Nason <dnason@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm seeing a huge improvement in the predictive engine in this
build, many thanks for getting to it sooner than I expected.

I experienced some strange behaviour earlier today when trying to
switch between my three keyboards, standard, emoji and FlickType.
VoiceOver would announce one keyboard, but that one was not on screen.
I had one instance of FlickType appearing to be on screen
visually to me, but not operating properly, and reading out
letters as I tapped, as if it were the standard keyboard on
screen. However I cannot reproduce any of this behavior now, so maybe it was just an anomaly.

Dave
On 8 May 2018, at 16:44, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

Build 61.
Hi Kosta,
The custom keyboard has started to crash when I write a long email.
It looks like it does when it does a slow start.
The only way I found to fix it is to hit the home button, then
every thing is lost.

Muhammad Salman Haider
(765) 586-6840