Re: Build 57

Santiago

I also noticed this. Not to mention, it seems to be more sluggish on my iPhone X than my SE.

On May 6, 2018, at 11:03 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

Now that you mention it, I also notice the prediction engine doesn't seem to do as well with the custom keyboard. Many times I need to erase a word and start over.

Chuck

On May 6, 2018, at 10:57 AM, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@gmail.com> wrote:

I have to agree with Dave. The prediction engine is definitely better in the main app compared to the custom keyboard. Takes me much longer to get the correct words typed using the custom keyboard, as I have to flick down many times on every other word or so to get the right word to come up, or simply swipe left and attempt typing the word again. Apart from that, it's working fine for me. The pitch issues and the lag issues are much better in this update. In fact, I should say that I am not having them at all thus far. I typed this all out using the custom keyboard.
Salman

On May 6, 2018, at 11:30 AM, David Nason <dnason@gmail.com> wrote:

Build 57 is working well so far. The lag and pitch of announcements does seem better.
However it is now displaying the cursor to the right of the large text words on screen. I can live with this, but it is a bit irritating and distracting, so given the choice, it would not be there.
I still find the prediction engine to be better in the main app than in the custom keyboard.

Dave
On 6 May 2018, at 15:55, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I am running version fifty seven and using it with the custom keyboard. In is running beautiful. I have no latency nor memory issues. I can type perfect with the keyboard. I see no use for the stand alone application myself. I use the custom keyboard by itself all the time end see no problems with it. I riot emails, texts and face book postings without issues. I do hope though down the road for the manual input but it is no big deal. I as said love this keyboard.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 6, 2018 at 09:48, <Alex Hiironen (mailto:l000b2a@gmail.com)> wrote:

Hello Kosta,

With build 57 I'm still experiencing the issue I talked about before. I'm in the main FlickType app and using it in landscape. At first. The keyboard takes up half the screen. So the P key is somewhere in the middle top instead of on the right as it should be. When opening the settings panel and immediately closing it, the keyboard behaves fine and works as it did in build 50 and so on. So this must be something specific to the last couple builds. Fascinating...
I have not changed anything regarding iOS. This is still 11.3.

I'm using an iPhone 8+

Thanks much. I will write back with any feedback on the system wide keyboard if I find anything.

Alex
PS: I think the words iPhone, iPad, iPod and their plural counterparts should be in the dictionary. They are common phrases for a good majority of people. At least on my devices, I had to add all those manually. Not a big deal, but figured I'd mention it.