Hi Kosta, please ignore this email. I removed the emoji keyboard and my shortcuts are intact.

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 1:32 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Kosta,
Can I remove the emoji keyboard's name from the selection list?
I don't want to remove the keyboard... I have some shortcuts with emoji.

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 12:49 PM, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

Thank you Rocco.

When running as a custom keyboard, FlickType has no control over what voiceover will or won’t do, so the only way I’ve found so far to provide the solid experience that you are used to from the main app is to change the typing feedback setting. I know this is not ideal, and I’d love to understand more about how this requirement is bothersome for you. And of course my hope is that once the FlickType custom keyboard becomes more mature, you should need to rely less and less on the standard keyboard, all the way to eventually removing it from your list of keyboards and only keeping FlickType. Did you know you could actually remove the iOS keyboard from the keyboard list? You can always just add it back in case you do, and of course I don’t think it’s a viable option yet. Finally I haven’t tested much with the typing feedback set to characters, maybe that’s ok too?

Kosta

On May 4, 2018, at 12:37, Rocco Fiorentino <roccof466@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

This build is great, thank you so much! I’m curious about something though. In the previous build, build fifty four, the voice over speech issue did not exist in the keyboard extension, and it didn't matter what your typing echo was set to. Is there a way to change back to that behavior, or what changed in this build that no longer allows FlickType to be independent of voice over typing settings? I remember fleksy had a similar issue near the end, so trying to think of ways of preventing that from happening again.

Thanks again, keep up the amazing work. It’s much appreciated. :)

Rocco
On May 4, 2018, at 12:32 AM, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

- Fixed audio latency. Hopefully it should now feel more like the main app, apart from the tap feedback delay. Please note: you must set VoiceOver typing feedback to "Nothing", otherwise the announcements will be laggy and sound like the voice has a cold and a stutter - no kidding. For some reason the iOS announcements are lower-quality as well as delayed, and because of the delay they almost immediately interrupt the FlickType announcements.
- You can now type your custom dictionary words, as well as some additional built-in words. You must run the main app once after updating for your words to carry over.
- Improved memory management. Hopefully you won't get those memory warnings any more, fingers crossed.
- First word in mail app should now be correctly capitalized.