Re: Build 55

Alex, the laggy tap feedback and the missed taps when typing fast
should be resolved
sometime next week, using a new custom gesture recognizer.

Macky, I have also experienced hearing the word just before the
punctuation, and this also happened when I switched to the iOS keyboard.
Also changing the VoiceOver typing feedback setting seemed to sometimes not
take effect until I restarted either the app or the entire device. I think
there are some iOS bugs at play here, although I am not 100% sure at this
point. I have tried way too many combinations of things over the last few
days and I'm only now starting to understand VoiceOver a little bit better,
in terms of how to get it to say what I want, as well as when and how I
want it to say it. VoiceOver definitely seems to misbehave a lot from my
little experience.

By the way, I made a few improvements to the custom keyboard instructions and
finally put them in this wiki page <https://flicktype.groups.io/
g/alpha/wiki/FlickType-Custom-Keyboard>. This will be the place to
reference first, and if your question is not covered there please let me
know when you post to the group so that I can also add the missing
information there. It seems that the exact wording on how and why to turn
typing feedback to "Nothing" will be critical to get right for new users.
Happy to hear any suggestions you may have in that area too.

Thank you all,
Kosta

- To join our beta, please send an email here
<beta+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io?subject=Subscribe&body=empty>
- Browse all our forum topics <https://flicktype.groups.io/g/hello/topics>
- Post to our forum <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
- Join our forum <hello+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io>
- Help & support <http://www.flicktype.com/help>
- Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/FlickType>

http://flicktype.com

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:39 PM, Macster <alan.macdonald1@icloud.com> wrote:

Hi Kosta, yet another quick update. I'm delighted to have the dictionary
available and happy to say it works very well indeed.

There is an error in the announcement of the full stop again however. If I
type a sentence and flick right at the end, a full stop is entered but it
announces the last word of the sentence again. Its the same situation for
adding a question mark for example, if I typed how are you then flicked
right and then down 3 times, a question mark would be entered at the end
but I would hear the word you announced three times during said flicks.

Also, the pitch change... I noticed George said it works well with the
feedback set to nothing. I have noticed that this helps with the delay as
you said, but I still get the higher pitch whilst typing. Ironically
however, I get the normal pitch whilst deleting! I have use pitch change
for deleting set to on in my settings, is it possible that somehow this is
inverting the expected behaviour?

Regarding the memory warning, I'm happy to report that I've yet to
experience this, and I'm running iOS 11.3.1 on my iPhone SE.

Macky